Cornmeal And Umphrey's Mcgee

Jentry

Wow.. I have never seen either of these bands until last night!

Cornmeal opened up for Umphrey's.. to be honest - I wish that I could have seen more of Cornmeal, they were AMAZING!! Allie the fiddler was hot, and they were full of energy.. so much fun! Now I know what you guys were all talking about a few months ago when you were posting about them. Ah the fiddle, the string bass, banjo.. I just love string bands like this that can JAM! Also loved when they played Shady Grove!

Umphrey's McGee was fun too, I had never heard of them before. I really like when bands have two drummers. I got lost in the music and the lights. They have got a good sound!

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO WEATHER COMMAND (Scott) for telling me about the show, it was really nice of you to think of me and let me know that they were playing in my backyard! What a great night, thank you Scott!

• 2 weeks later...

4125008609_957ee5fb2a.jpg

Allie Kral - Westcott Theater - Syracuse NY - November 7th, 2009

4082865965_3c24117eda.jpg

Wavy Dave - Mohawk Place - Buffalo NY - November 6th, 2009

4125194995_81baf68730.jpg

Chris Ganji - Beachland Ballroom - Cleveland OH - November 2nd, 2009

4125191957_55eec2da39.jpg

Kris Nowak - Beachland Ballroom - Cleveland OH - November 2nd, 2009

4125006579_d34ae9fa86.jpg

JP Nowak - Westcott Theater - Syracuse NY - November 7th, 2009

Synchronicity - Rick, I was just looking at those pics on your site during lunch. Gonna be time for Corn soon. So much music, so little...

I'm hoping to get a pass for the 'meal / Ann Arbor show but i have a bad feeling that the venue will be tough to shoot.

I need to get out and shoot again, i'm getting rusty, but it's getting harder and harder to get passes these days.

Archived