Mason's Children

Dark Star

Dear Mr. Fantasy

King Solomon's Marbles

Days Between

Viola Lee Blues>

Dark Star>

GDTRFB

Hi Y'all, This was my first time out w/furthur and I must say I was impressed. It looked to me as if JK is being given the freedom he deserves. Bob and Phil are great in their roles as

the overseers but the young guns are the true stars. (IMHO). The drummers have found the vibe and have learned to play within the songs, not trying to play every song as fast as they can.

Jeff Chimente is also playing his ass off on the keyboards. The Hampton venue has long been a favorite for our community and that continues to be the case. Mellow staff, easy access,

and mellow lawmen made for a great night. One cop told a group of us that he" loved us". WHAT ???

That said, I still think DSO brings the DEAD to life like no one else. I hope to see you all soon.

Love to all, Bob

THE meltdown, blast off Hampton spaceship Coliseum show !!! WOW!!! "from front to end, i wanna take that ride again!!!"...from the first notes of Shakedown to the last harmony of Bid u Goodnite, dancin' spinnin' smilin' crazy happy amazingness!!! yeah, so Bobby forgot almost 3 verses of Memphis Blues...ya figure, the guy has played for most 50 years, done unbeknownst ammount of substances...still, absolutely fabulous show !!! i will add a bit more here...this place, this show was beyond words...all i can muster to say about it, for my mind is still spinnin' spinnin' free, dizzy with eternity in the realms of outter/inner space....SUCH clarity beyond words....

my son all day was callin' Shakedown....then during set break came up to us and said "they are gonna encore Bid U Goodnite"....pretty good call...

where was the cleanup crew for the disaster area called the lot after the show and the riffraff BIODTL ?

so Bobby forgot almost 3 verses of Memphis Blues...

he had what looked like stapled-together lyrics sheets at hampton and a teleprompter in fairfax, and still he messed up a lot. he's got to stop that, it ruins the flow of the song. maybe he needs a human prompter, like with broadway. i would volunteer, but i'm even spacier than he is. i've got it, a huge projection on the back wall a la mitch miller and his bouncing ball lyrics.

Archived