Joe Bonamassa

Jack Jones

I was just describing to a friend about this 12 year old guitar whiz I saw open for BB King in the early nineties. I've seen him since then and was always blown away by his mastery of the guitar. Found this video on you tube of him playing Royal Albert Hall with Eric Clapton. I thought some people here might enjoy...

I recommend volume setting 11 for this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEEfDdJyxPY

Guest deadheadmike

Appears cut from the same cloth as "God rest his soul" Stevie Ray - or at least influenced by. Love that style! Thanks for the turn on.

I think you hit the nail on the head , Joe Bonamassa most definitely has a Stevie Ray Style ... I like him and I wonder why we don't hear more about him ...

((((((((((((((((( Stevie Ray Vaughan ))))))))))))))))))

Guest deadheadmike

We made the pilgrammage to Stevie Ray's statue down by the river in Austin after this last show. It is a very cool piece of art...

SRVStatue.jpg

Cool stuff , the statue looks like a really good likeness ... what a loss , he was hitting such a stride at the time too ...

Guest deadheadmike

I was just describing to a friend about this 12 year old guitar whiz I saw open for BB King in the early nineties. I've seen him since then and was always blown away by his mastery of the guitar. Found this video on you tube of him playing Royal Albert Hall with Eric Clapton. I thought some people here might enjoy...

I recommend volume setting 11 for this one.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VEEfDdJyxPY

Listened to this 3 times today , its a smoker ... both leads perfect in every way !!!

Very nice!!!

I definitely hear the SRV influence that has been mentioned, but it seems there is a lot of B.B. King in there too. He has that same vibroto going at times that is so distinctive to BB's guitar tone. I guess he picked that up when he was 12. Wow--can you imagine playing with BB when you were in the 7th grade?

Guest deadheadmike

The guy is truly awesome. I only discovered him about 6 months ago and can't get enough. One of the only guys that keeps me from listening to GD related music.

Yup , same here , about 6 months ... He's got the stuff ... I may hit the Count Basie show , I live pretty close to the venue , grab a $15 or $25 seat ...

Archived