Neil Peart (Buddy Rich Memorial Concert)

Guest deadheadmike

• Forum MVP

Thanks Mike. Neil Peart is one of the best ever. Saw Rush in Radio City Music Hall on their 30th anniversary tour and they brought it. All talented musicians.

Hey Mike, this style of music might be out of your realm but i think you can appreciate the drummer. Here's two good songs they do.

coincidentally, they also do a song called ungrateful dead.

Guest deadheadmike

Hey Mike, this style of music might be out of your realm but i think you can appreciate the drummer. Here's two good songs they do.

just a little out of my realm ;) ... that drummer is fast and has mind blowing speed for using a single bass pedal as was said in one of the replies on you tube , I would have thought it to be a double ... Thanks for the turn on , I'll keep an eye on them ... :icon14:

• Forum MVP

I thought it might be a bit intense, but variety is the spice of life. I figured you being a drummer would be able to find some sort of appreciation. He's doing some out there shit. It looks like he's in fast forward... but i digress, Neil Peart is most likely the best drummer i've had the pleasure of seeing live in the flesh.

Guest deadheadmike

I thought it might be a bit intense, but variety is the spice of life. I figured you being a drummer would be able to find some sort of appreciation. He's doing some out there shit. It looks like he's in fast forward... but i digress, Neil Peart is most likely the best drummer i've had the pleasure of seeing live in the flesh.

Variety truly is the spice of life ... Neal is a machine !!! I saw Rush back in the 80's , stuck them in between Dead tour just to see Neal Peart , quite amazing to see ... one of my favorite drummers and the reason why I took up the drums is " Buddy Rich " !!! now this is probably a little out of your realm of music , but I got to see him play drums with Frank Sinatra's band , with Frank of course , in the early 80's , also in between Dead tour on the West coast ... Buddy was amazing and I'm glad I can say that I saw "Old Blue Eyes " perform , twice !!!

• Forum MVP

On the contrary, I collect vinyl and a good portion of my collection is Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, Herb Alpert, Rob McConnell, Freddie Roach, etc. I'm really big into Jazz, big band, swing, dixieland, free jazz, etc. I dig all kinds of music... except for Taylor Swift.

I mean shiiiiit. Coltrane was the boys biggest influence in my opinion.

That's awesome you got to see these guys though. You have no idea how many people told me i was born in the wrong era but what can ya dooo?? I'm just living in the here and now.

Guest deadheadmike

On the contrary, I collect vinyl and a good portion of my collection is Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, Herb Alpert, Rob McConnell, Freddie Roach, etc. I'm really big into Jazz, big band, swing, dixieland, free jazz, etc. I dig all kinds of music... except for Taylor Swift.

I mean shiiiiit. Coltrane was the boys biggest influence in my opinion.

That's awesome you got to see these guys though. You have no idea how many people told me i was born in the wrong era but what can ya dooo?? I'm just living in the here and now.

Very Cool !!! and not surprising , just more proof of how intellectually eclectic on a grand scale the musical taste of a Deadhead is ...

and don't worry about missing out on anything ... in 30 years some young-in will be wishing he had some of your experiences and you'll be wishing you were 30 years younger ;)... your doing perfect living in the here and now , Bro !!!

Archived