Rolling Stone Furthur Piece

John A

• Forum MVP

Doesn't seem this is online. It's just a one page snippet, with a couple quick DSO references.

A couple Weir quotes of interest:

When I weight it out, I ask myself, 'Who do I think Jerry would rather see me sidekicking with?' And I just get the feeling that it's John.

If John wants to channel Jerry every now and then, I'm fine with that. I figure that if this band works, he'll outgrow that.

Yep. Somewhat odd second quote, however. I guess the concept of "channeling Jerry" is up for interpretation though.

Yes, it too did strike me as being odd. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason I'm going to see Furthur shows is because someone is finally on the stage "channeling Jerry". If not for that, I would give this band a pass--just as I have for Ratdog, P&F, and The Dead. I hope Phil and Bob figure out why this band is working and who is making it happen.

• Forum MVP

Seems to me like Bob should be asking himself how to live rather than making a hypothesis about what Garcia would be thinking. That is a strange quote.

My guess, and it's not nearly as good as Bobby's, would be that Garcia wouldn't give a rat's ass who Weir should play with.

More importantly for anyone who read the article, did Bobby mention when his new country album would be coming out?

:)

Archived