Eureka 4/20!

Guest Hanuman

• Forum MVP

Glad your ok. Big difference between Matteson and Stu, Matteson has played with the band on numerous occasions and brings years of experience, Stu has not played with the band and is less experienced (in years). Give the guy a chance....

Exactly !!! and Stu will only get better and grow with the band , he brings talent and longevity to the table , not to mention his sweet vocals ... Stu is the full package !!!

• Forum MVP

Stu has the ability to make a whole room stand still...and then lift it up into the cosmic heavens of sound and perception for a dance with your inner angels.

I imagine this occurred at the show where they played Black Peter and Eaton's jaw was dropped to the floor...the same thing happened to me during a Black Peter in Tulsa last year. Stu can grab your soul with his sound and it's hard to do anything but stand mesmerized.

Soul.

Go...Run and see...

I'm hoping nothing has been set in stone with Matteson ... Id like to see Stu go out for another run with DSO ... He's great at what he does right now with the guitar and is still learning so He'll only get better and grow with the band ... He's in good shape physically so the stress of the road should have little affect on him ... and finally , his vocals are beautiful ...

Guest Iliinois Spindrop

Had fun in Arcata park for 4/20, even though it was a Box of Rain

Can't remember the first set, it was a smoky haze

Second set

Feel Like a Stranger (very good)

Doin That Rag (really weak, disjointed) it was fun to hear an attempt, but it was pretty bad

Playin in the Band (Stu was hurting, Barraco was shining, Barraco drove the playin jam while Stu stood beside him and scrambled)

Uncle John's Band (very good harmony vocals, it was nice to hear Lisa actually sing the harmony right off the album, first verse round starts on the major 7th, second round starts on the 9th)

Drums (very mysterious drums segment, lots of empty space)

Can't remember the rest

We had heard about Stu joining DSO, and had already heard him shine with JGB, but he was a lost cause, he doesn't have the goods that Mattsen has, a dead cover band is way out of his league, Kadlecik was a little better than Stu, but Mattsen shines so well with Barraco, and pushes Eaton to play so much better, DSO would do well to sign Mattsen on for good.

Question: Did you dance or stand or sit on your ass? Agreed, Jeff Mattson rocks. But Stu, like Jerry, makes me cream my panties. Have a grate show!

• Forum MVP

Question: Did you dance or stand or sit on your ass? Agreed, Jeff Mattson rocks. But Stu, like Jerry, makes me cream my panties. Have a grate show!

We need to have a best post of the week award , this ones a winner for many reasons !!! :wub:

Archived