Backup Singers Gone From Furthur?

neutrino

Noticed that the ladies are no longer listed on the Furthur website. I personally thought the singers added to the band--especially when Phil decided to take the vocals. They were never very loud, but added a certain element of vocal harmony that worked from my perspective. Jay Lane is also gone from the summer tour list, but this comes as no surprise. Will be interesting to see if Russo ends gets any help on percussion, or takes over completely.

Noticed that the ladies are no longer listed on the Furthur website. I personally thought the singers added to the band--especially when Phil decided to take the vocals. They were never very loud, but added a certain element of vocal harmony that worked from my perspective. Jay Lane is also gone from the summer tour list, but this comes as no surprise. Will be interesting to see if Russo ends gets any help on percussion, or takes over completely.

I find this news rather interesting......When I mentioned further defections/dismissals from Furthur on this forum all I got was sighs!

Oh well, wonder if the ladies decided to leave, or were dismissed by Lesh Inc. ?

Peace,

Rob

I find this news rather interesting......When I mentioned further defections/dismissals from Furthur on this forum all I got was sighs!

Oh well, wonder if the ladies decided to leave, or were dismissed by Lesh Inc. ?

Peace,

Rob

Probably fired, and then slapped. We all know how evil Phil is.

Hey now... don't always think the worst in Phil. I honestly forget where I read it but the summer tour was simply too much for two mothers.

Well, I suppose if they are both mothers to very young children, this could be an explanation. However, we're only talking about a summer tour that is 17 days long!! You would think there would be a way to make this work. I suspect there is more to this story than parental commitments.

• Forum MVP

They started out without the ladies and now their gone , so I don't see it as a big deal and I kind of had a feeling they wouldn't last anyway for some reason ... it does add up to 3 members with Jay Lane that have come and gone in a short time ... seems like there's a chink in the armor ... I'm interested to see how the rest of the year plays out for Furthur ...

Who's NEXT to leave , I think the whole Furthur thing is on the downslide once JL left I just felt that the shit is going to hit the fan. The band was the best since JERRY left us . Long Live DSO :dsorocks:

This don't sound like any of the conversations we had in person/phone since catching Furthur in NYC/Asbury/ AC :wacko:

Did you get ahold of some of Phil's Kool-Aid ?

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

This would be strange. I can't see them going back to just Bob and Phil singing UJB as one example.

That was not working. They must have a back-up plan.

Maybe Phil is jealous of what Paul and Neil have done and we'll see Jill singing on those harmonies?

This would be strange. I can't see them going back to just Bob and Phil singing UJB as one example.

That was not working. They must have a back-up plan.

Maybe Phil is jealous of what Paul and Neil have done and we'll see Jill singing on those harmonies?

Great example David...I was listening to Furthur as I mowed a couple acres of grass and was thinking how without the women singing backup it was going to be hurting vocally for sure...They were subtle but their absence would not be...I won't be at Mt. Aire but that may the first we know how things are shaking out...I'm still hoping for some rehearsals in MV.. If you hear please contact me and I'll do the same!

Archived