Where Did The Love Go?

lookyloo

• Forum MVP

Vincent

I hope all is well. I hope your semester ends well for you and you have a great summer. Try to understand no one has a problem with you liking both bands. Most don't even really care that you post the set lists and copy a picture of the drums for us (some do as there are other web sites for that; most here know how to use the internet and even visit other boards). There just working out the "heavy change" that occurred for them and it does create all sorts of feelings - feelings of anger, confusion, sadness, and even in some hatred. You have to understand that for some this heavy change was a drastic shift in their life. They spent every minute of the free time chasing this band. For some this music is a hobby, you see a few shows a year (I would say 10 or less) and you listen to music at home and tell all your friends about this amazing music. For others, this is pretty much their life; they chase the sound seeking it, searching it, feelings it, and then becoming a part of it. It can be particularly hard for a lifer to be confronted by a hobbyist when their opinions don't align. I really hope all is well and that I catch you at a show in the near future.

My semester is ending well... and I totally feel what you're saying. I'd consider myself a 'lifer'... since this is definitely more than a hobby for me. Because of that, I am as interested in Furthur. I posted all those lists here because I enjoy talking about the shows with the people here rather than places like the Philzone or the Ratdog website... for reasons I'm sure everyone is familiar with. And not talking and fanning out over 'Furthur' necessarily, but rather the music that was played by Bobby, Phil and John... this is a heavy change and as I have said I should be seeing DSO more times this year than I ever have..

I will be at the Wellmont! Cannot wait..

• Forum MVP

My semester is ending well... and I totally feel what you're saying. I'd consider myself a 'lifer'... since this is definitely more than a hobby for me. Because of that, I am as interested in Furthur. I posted all those lists here because I enjoy talking about the shows with the people here rather than places like the Philzone or the Ratdog website... for reasons I'm sure everyone is familiar with. And not talking and fanning out over 'Furthur' necessarily, but rather the music that was played by Bobby, Phil and John... this is a heavy change and as I have said I should be seeing DSO more times this year than I ever have..

I will be at the Wellmont! Cannot wait..

Vincent,

I want to thank you for letting me/us know about the Further set lists. And being a drummer, I dig the pics of the drum kit :)

I am one who has plenty of room/love in my heart for any band(s) that can competently give me a good healthy dose of the music that I so love and cherish.......that being the music of the Grateful Dead.

I can't wait for the 5/21 & 5/23 DSO shows!! :icon14:

Guest deliverance

me too vincy , ain't no other place I can get futhur info sept here , or maybe philtzone , ratdog.org , facebook , gratefuldeadland and a zillion other places . I also love seeing that same picture of russo's rinky ass drums here thats posted at all those other places to .

me too vincy , ain't no other place I can get futhur info sept here , or maybe philtzone , ratdog.org , facebook , gratefuldeadland and a zillion other places . I also love seeing that same picture of russo's rinky ass drums here thats posted at all those other places to .

What would be REALLY cool is a picture of John's guitar with the venue in the background. :blink:

Archived