To show how I love you, believe it or not

Right now while the sun shines on the crest of the hill

With a breeze in the pines and a grey whippoorwill

Making music together that guitars never caught

Let me show how I love you, believe it or not

• Forum MVP

Making music together that guitars never caught

Garcia never sang this line, but rather "in a world time forgot."

When I first heard the song, I thought he was saying "many words I've forgot", which of course would have been equally appropriate!

I saw the last one. Copps Colisium 3-22-90. I've only seen 39 shows so I guess I was lucky. Funny thing is, I was probably bored during it. Young, just jumping on the bus, clueless.

Here is a laugher. Copps was my 4th and 5th shows. It was at these 2 shows I discovered this guy named Jerry Garcia. Up until this point I was unimpressed, lol. Scarlet-Fire showed me the way. It turned out the guy could play.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Great song. I wish they would have kept it in the lineup. I saw the first one (?) @ Alpine Valley on 6/23/88. Severed the heart strings.

Four night run in the dustbowl! FOB w/ AKG460's>dbx222>D5! Hornhat productions. Did the whole run from Minnesota through Rochester (didn't have the guts to go to the speedway in Maine... missed a hell of a Fantasy> Jude closer)

Guest Charles from Oregon

I also was at the Alpine 88, and the Rochester 88, Listen to the one from Silver stadium think it was the best one by far. Awesome song, but would have to agree about Stella blue and Comes a time. I think my favorite is Missisippi Moon though

• Forum MVP

I also was at the Alpine 88, and the Rochester 88, Listen to the one from Silver stadium think it was the best one by far.

Agreed. Garcia was absolutely crackling at Rochester. And I as well was at both shows, plus Laguna Seca the next month.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Agreed. Garcia was absolutely crackling at Rochester. And I as well was at both shows, plus Laguna Seca the next month.

opened the second set with Green Onions>China /Ryder right? I did Laguna in 1987 when they taped the Touch of Grey video..... remember those four hours cheering the band on as they lipscynched Touch? We thought for sure they would they do a midnight set for us, but they didn't.

• Forum MVP

opened the second set with Green Onions>China /Ryder right?

Correct. With a couple crazy Phil bombs in the Rider, followed by Phil insanity in the Samson intro. Jerry's vocals are so crystal clear during Believe It on my audience tape (FOB Schoeps omnis -> Sony PCM F1) that you could easily convince somebody it was a board!!

Archived