New Furthur Rehearsals

John A

• Forum MVP

Great.... Missed it again :(.

Anyone hear of an extra or can't find a wingman (LOL), please send me a PM.

Would love to go and Furthur Fest sounds like too much work....

Cheers,

Randy

Sorry bro...I was on my way to work 10 min away when I got the texts and phone calls...I took 5 min to get to work and used the receptionist's computer to get to the web site and get a tic for Tues night (can't do two in a row due to something at home). I tried to get two tics for Tues but couldn't so I had to try one and after a couple no goes, I got one.

Pretty funny everyone in the lobby listening to Golden Road over and over while I was trying to get in, and the new receptionist looking on a little bewlindered but nice enough to let me use her work station.

It went on sale at the absolute worst time for me with my wife on the road and unable to help either, so I was lucky to get in.

There will definitely be more and apparenly run at the Independent too, so I wouldn't worry.

I actually like these rehearsal shows much more than the real ones--I just don't like crowds anymore I guess, and I like the fact that people who go to these go for the music and just the music.

And with the rehearsals, there is less room for them to do something that hurts my ears, like a Standing or Days or Peter or Franklins or a... :)

There will definitely be more and apparenly run at the Independent too, so I wouldn't worry.

I actually like these rehearsal shows much more than the real ones--I just don't like crowds anymore I guess, and I like the fact that people who go to these go for the music and just the music.

And with the rehearsals, there is less room for them to do something that hurts my ears, like a Standing or Days or Peter or Franklins or a... :)

The Independent would be great, but why not a Fillmore run instead? It's still a rather intimate venue, but many more would get in. Given the Fillmore's history, it would also be a very appropriate place for some smaller shows.

I know what you mean about preferring the rehearsal shows. After suffering the brutality of being on the floor of the civic on Dec. 30-31, it was quite refreshing to see the band in Mill Valley for a couple of shows a few nights later:

You drive into a swank town with plenty of free parking. Check out the stores. Have a great dinner at a fine restaurant (with Chimenti and Lane having dinner next to us one evening!) Go see the band in a small and beautiful room with no talkers or drunks

What's not to like about that? :D

Archived