High Time

Dancin'

Wharf Rat

Drums

The Other One

Morning Dew

Filler- Sisters and Brothers

Duke University 9/23/76

Doz boys done did good. Real good. (Lisa too)

• Forum MVP

Wharf Rat, Morning Dew, and High Time all in the second set. Heads must have been blown last night... I know mine would have been. I can never turn down Help>Slip... or any of those songs for that matter.

Thats a great show by the dead too! I think they have each song up on youtube if you want to watch the whole show. Might be 77 or 78 though, memory is fading

I am glad I wore my dancing shoes for this one. Couldn't stop. Every tune was done with the utmost care and devotion. I went to allot of shows this tour but this one blew the roof of all of them. I can't even think what stood out alone from the rest. The entire second set was unbelievable. Sometimes I wonder if it's all in the moment that makes each show so good, but I do believe there was an energy last night that surpassed the usual. I barely minded the slanted floor, was able to find a flat spot for the beginning of the second set in an aisle near my seat but returned to the main concourse to find three Steves instead of two. Now that was special. The sound was pristine, kind of glad I was back from the stage a bit, give my ears a break. The lights were amazing. I became mesmerized during Crazy Fingers watching the light show. Most of the time I was just dancing round and round. The end of the show, Wharf Rat, Other One and Dew was out of this world. Made me and allot of others very happy. No tears last night, I kept it together in reverant pandomonium.

I am sad the tour is over, it is unlikely I will be truckin up to Mountain Jam even though I have a history of doing this. Rob Barraco mentioned the festival prior to Looks Like Rain. Not sure what the forecast is but it's hot as hell for June out here. It was a perfect way to end the tour, I can't say enough for the gratitude I have for everyone involved in putting on the show. I find my peace listening to the music and dancing. Life sometimes presents us with hardships and in my time of sorrow I find the light through the music. I was so blessed to have the band near my home these last couple of weeks. What a gift, it made everything that much more bearable. Thank you again and again, see you all in Ohio.

Namaste Brothers and Sisters Keep the Faith

• Forum MVP

smoker;

Supplication, Samson intro were fantastic, Three ballads in the second, can't beat that with a stick.

Matteson's guitar was much better live. I find his work on bobby songs to be sublime.(LLR,bt wind, etc) He just knows the Dead in and out, vocals were much better than I remembered from the trickster days. Great to be back in ny.

• Forum MVP

A man after my own heart...

I have always.. I mean always enjoyed the into to Supplication as well as Samson....

I am still holding out hope that DSO will someday break the record of the longest Samson ever played by The Dead, which was 11:03, Dicks Picks 18 ... had an extra long intro due to mic problems...

smoker;

Supplication, Samson intro were fantastic, Three ballads in the second, can't beat that with a stick.

Matteson's guitar was much better live. I find his work on bobby songs to be sublime.(LLR,bt wind, etc) He just knows the Dead in and out, vocals were much better than I remembered from the trickster days. Great to be back in ny.

• Forum MVP

I gotta say this show packed a whollop!!! in a big way.Someone told me the night before not to miss it ,its going to be EPIC.well from the first couple of tunes I figured a early 77 until I heard the crazy fingers ( second in a week!!gotta love it) then i kind of knew later part of 76. Very well played first set .The second set was freakin amazing .The samson was really freakin cool ,a very long intro and not your regular beat either ,much more funkier it seemed .High time in the second set ,what a treet also .One last week too. avery cool dancing .It all had a very slippery flow to it wharf & a dew in the same set !!! killer ,3rd dew for me on this tour & each one wass fantastic. There is a very beautiful part in dew where it gets very quite and almost still .You could hear a pin drop until the 2 asshole drunks next to us started screaming,so so sad .I really enjoyed this tour alot ,was able to hit 8 shows ,alot of great music ,fun times with great friends good food & alot of dancing with my lovely wife . grateful fest will be a blast this year .my boss just told me I could take off that friday ,can't get there for thursday night though .oh well

Guest crazy digits

this is a show I should not have missed...I was told by RB not to miss this one...kids are a full on duty and I am lucky to have them :rolleyes: thanks DSO for being alive and well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived