Drumz>

Space>

The Eleven >

Shakedown >

Tangled Up

E: We Bid You

*w/ Warren Haynes and Danny Louis

Guest ampegbassplayer1969

Incredible setlist! The webcast was great. Do you know if they'll put this on the iClips.net archive? I'd love to watch that China>Rider again... Rob Eaton was laying out some really interesting chord-work that I want to figure out.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I missed the beginning of the set - getting myself prepped and ready to head over to the stage area.

It appears the China-Rider was the highlight of the set

Getting from camping area to stage area is a bit of a journey... and then I didn't manage to get especially close once I did get to the stage. 1am is a tough time slot to play for any band, and I think it detracted from DSO. Not that I didn't enjoy myself... but it was a bad combination of a late start and a pretty full day prior to that, I just think my energy level wasn't up to task to get the most out of the set.

Was thrilled to get the Speedway, and things definitely revved up with Shakedown, but the rest of the set didn't quite knock me on my ass as so many other DSO shows have.

I love Warren, and he was awesome and all over the place that weekend... but I don't find his style meshes with the music of the Dead overly well. He had a nice jam on Speedway, and some great back and forth/ call and response licks with Mattson, but I wasn't that impressed with his solo on Going Down the Road. Maybe I'm just being overly critical... but the Dead's music only sounds right with Jerry style leads. Which Mattson once again had in spades.

Nice set all in all, and was glad I got to be there for it... just a tough time slot to pull off after a long day

• Forum MVP

Not to knock what you guys are saying but hearing Warren ,granted I didn't think he was a good fit for the dead on the last tour but to hear him play with dso it reminds me of the sweet slide that Duane Allman used to play .Warren & Derick Trucks are the only 2 capable of that sound .Duane & Greg jammed with the dead at the Fillmore in 70 & Dicky in 73 who Warren can sound like also . It only compliments the music when added to the Garcia sound .I see alot of DSO shows so something like this out of the norm is really cool in my eyes .

• Forum MVP

Not to knock what you guys are saying but hearing Warren ,granted I didn't think he was a good fit for the dead on the last tour but to hear him play with dso it reminds me of the sweet slide that Duane Allman used to play .Warren & Derick Trucks are the only 2 capable of that sound .Duane & Greg jammed with the dead at the Fillmore in 70 & Dicky in 73 who Warren can sound like also . It only compliments the music when added to the Garcia sound .I see alot of DSO shows so something like this out of the norm is really cool in my eyes .

And a real treat for me! I haven't had much opportunity to play with Warren since the demise of The Q, cept for a few sit ins with The Allmans. Warren plays with tons of passion and a lot of soul. Having Danny Lewis

play with us was a treat. For some reason Phil always eschewed the sit in unless it was Branford or Bobby, so we never got to jam with Danny. As my fellow band mate Rob stated earlier in this thread, I believe it was one the hottest festival electives we have played to date. Hope to see you on the concert trail this summer. And now ON TO THE LEDGES!!!!! RB

• Advisory Board

And now ON TO THE LEDGES!!!!! RB

Just do us all a favor and don't bring the rain with you.... lol

I remember one year, as usual I get there a few days early, and i'm sitting on the beach enjoying the previous days wonderful weather.... I see the bus pull in, and low and behold, it starts to rain... lol... Dark Cloud Orchestra rides again! :)

Archived