John Prine

Guest going going gone

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

February 17, 2010 show in Ithaca, NY just added to sugarmegs. What a great song writer and performer! Picks me up where ever I'm at. Check it out song lovers of DSO cyber.......s...p...a...c...e.......*******

• Forum MVP

Huge John Prine fan!! One of my all time favs.... I have listened to this song, I know 1,000 times and I still get chills every time I hear it - John Prine with Bonnie Raitt, Angel from Montgomery.........what a beautiful classic.

I've seen Prine 4 or 5 times and it seems like the last time I saw him (years ago) he had his son playing with the band. Wonder if that's still going on?

• Forum MVP

I'll never forget being 10 feet away from Prine at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville circa '85.

Every Tuesday night was "Writer's Night" at The Bluebird. Most Tuesdays brought at least one sweet surprise.......this was one of them.

Going to college in Nashville is a music lover's dream........ :rolleyes:

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

I'll never forget being 10 feet away from Prine at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville circa '85.

Every Tuesday night was "Writer's Night" at The Bluebird. Most Tuesdays brought at least one sweet surprise.......this was one of them.

Going to college in Nashville is a music lover's dream........ :rolleyes:

Did you ever get to see Townes Van Zandt? Nashville is also one of the friendliest towns, being a big Emmylou fan I've spent many nights travelling from Cinti>Nash as a Spyboy for a Ramble or two.

John Prine is definitely on my short list of musicians that I have never seen before.I found out that he played a show that I could have caught in Virginia--A week after the show.

• Forum MVP

Did you ever get to see Townes Van Zandt? Nashville is also one of the friendliest towns, being a big Emmylou fan I've spent many nights travelling from Cinti>Nash as a Spyboy for a Ramble or two.

No, I never caught Townes while in Nashvegas.

I did see Jeff Beck play in a steak house once, watched Steve Winwood play a long set in a barroom of maybe 40 people.

I also befriended a then unknown guitarist named Warren Haynes. He was playing with a bar band called Blues Co-op. I was blown away with the band, so I introduced myself to Warren and I hired him to play at my fraternity house probably 5 different times. We paid the band the going rate at the time.....something like $1,500 per gig........can you imagine? He's a very humble, gentle man.......even to this day.

Ah, the memories...... :rolleyes:

Archived