Fall Tour

FunkyBass13

• Forum MVP

Just saw the dates listed for Fall Tour. Boy do I wish I was going to be on the East Coast in Sept/Oct. Please don't tell me that the NW is going to have to wait for Spring to see you guys roll back through...................... I just don't know if I can take it.

I'm stoked we may be getting Thanksgiving in SF but it SURE is a long time since the Spring tour out here....

BTW, the weather is perfect for outdoor shows in CA in the summer. Not sure why we get denied every year for the summer west coast outdoor tour but hopefully someday we will get there....

I'm stoked we may be getting Thanksgiving in SF but it SURE is a long time since the Spring tour out here....

BTW, the weather is perfect for outdoor shows in CA in the summer. Not sure why we get denied every year for the summer west coast outdoor tour but hopefully someday we will get there....

Yes indeed. More westword expansion is needed. It's been years (Early April) since they have been to the Centennial State. Get Furthur @ RR in September. OH NO, NOT THE FURTHUR THREAD POLICE!!! Hopefully DSO around Halloween. Wait for it...Wait for it.

• Forum MVP

Wow. Changing things up in the North Carolina world in the fall! Only one show. I'm going to have to figure out what weekend shows I can drive to so that I make sure to get a proper DSO fix.

Spread your wings. Get on airplanes.

• Forum MVP

Spread your wings. Get on airplanes.

I also fly to see DSO, but I would advocate car travel if your on the East Coast already and the shows are on the East Coast. Not to state the obvious, but the car has more storage space than you could store in the luggage you take on a flight, you are your transportation so you don't rely and/or trouble others for rides, and the car doubles as a hotel. Plus, we all know that airport security wants to and has some success in making air travel no fun travel in the name of national security.

As a 9-5er it is difficult to see weekday shows that are 4+ hours away and the weekend shows get far away from NC fast on the fall tour. We aren't all as young as you Rick! But don't you worry your pretty little head Chuck, I'll be out there.

Have car

Have credit card

Will travel

• Forum MVP

"Plus, we all know that airport security wants to and has some success in making air travel no fun travel in the name of national security."

I love TSA. I see them a lot.

Its not the people that work for TSA that bother me. People that blindly and diligently enforce rules and regulations only really cause a problem if the rules and regulations themselves don't make sense. I think people would be more open and okay to being search if only items that could harm people and/or the plane were confiscated and used to press charges. People carrying medicine, cosmetics, and other things deemed essential for safe and enjoyable travels should not have their stuff confiscated and charges pressed. Its matter of understanding the spirit of the law - to catch terrorists, not cause a problem for people traveling.

Unfortunately, all too often, police, security, and other rule enforcers become concerned with the letter of the law and lose sight of its purpose.

• Forum MVP

As a 9-5er it is difficult to see weekday shows that are 4+ hours away and the weekend shows get far away from NC fast on the fall tour. We aren't all as young as you Rick! But don't you worry your pretty little head Chuck, I'll be out there.

Have car

Have credit card

Will travel

wub.gif

Have quart ziplock bags, will fly. Then dance.

How about that nice Friday night Ram's Head date Harford County et al?

Woo HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missed that semi-traditon this spring, but oh, September 17th works for me!! (Might have to adjust Scarlet's 12th birthday party, but it can be done.......maybe I'll bring her....hmmmmmmmmm)

Can't wait either way!

• Forum MVP

Kira - honorary Harford County residence is all in, as we say in these parts.

Rick - Coming in from London

From over the pole

Flying in a big airliner

Chickens flying everywhere around the plane

Could we ever feel much finer?

One week from tomorrow...

Archived