Gfest 7/4/10

DaysBetween

Well I was only able to catch the last two shows, the first time I had missed any GFest shows since 2002, but I'm VERY happy with what I got :) Sunday's 6/28/87 is noted for a good Sugaree, Bird Song, and Jack Straw in the first. Saint was good in the 2nd, as was Throwing > NFA... but what am I forgetting... hmm....

OH YEAH

The Dew was nutz. I think it may go down in the annuls of live music as THEE ultimate jaw-dropper. (heh, until the next gig at least). Every hair on my neck and my entire body for that matter stood on end. Truly a moment to behold.

Lisa belted out Strange Man as an extra, and Evan insisted on one more. Ripple. What else???? I mean really! :)

7/3/10 featured a good Shakedown with a few hints at Funkytown near the end, which they really should have broken into, a hot Music to end the 1st, Good Lovin sung by Rob B. complete with raps, and then a nasty, nasty Alligator (the post-Space Alligator was even nastier!). I always love it when they close a show with China > Rider, and the Sing Me Back Home encore was beaut. Perfect choices in my humble opinion :)

Much love for all the Saturday arrival campers who went waaaaaay down over the hill across the street. It was worth it, wasn't it?!

• Forum MVP

06-28-87 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wi. (Sun)

1: Bucket> Sugaree, Me & My Uncle> Mexicali, Althea, Rooster, Bird Song, Jack Straw

2: Half Step, Woman Smarter, Ship Of Fools, Saint> Drumz> Miracle> Morning Dew> Throwing Stones> NFA E: NFA> Mighty Quinn fller: Stranger

This show was the best of the weekend for me. Lisa's 'Stranger' was so amazing...I'd honestly love to see the DSO do a whole set with Lisa singing, she is so great and they play so well behind her. The Dew was so very off the hook, too bad someone I know was face planted on the beach and missed it.... :rofl:

06-28-87 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, Wi. (Sun)

1: Bucket> Sugaree, Me & My Uncle> Mexicali, Althea, Rooster, Bird Song, Jack Straw

2: Half Step, Woman Smarter, Ship Of Fools, Saint> Drumz> Miracle> Morning Dew> Throwing Stones> NFA E: NFA> Mighty Quinn fller: Stranger

This show was the best of the weekend for me. Lisa's 'Stranger' was so amazing...I'd honestly love to see the DSO do a whole set with Lisa singing, she is so great and they play so well behind her. The Dew was so very off the hook, too bad someone I know was face planted on the beach and missed it.... :rofl:

That's funny, because I know a guy who last year at GFest face planted during Throwing Stones on the beach lol. He came to pretty quick tho :)

Always grate to have DSO recreate a show I was at originally! Jack Straw was especially rockin and what do you say about the dew? Don't mind if I DEW! Awesome. You could hear a pin drop on the sand during some parts! Thanks again to DSO for their attention to detail and extremely fine playing! Can't forget Cotter, bryan, nikki , matt, sarah!!! Thank you all!!!!

• Forum MVP

Sugaree and Jack Straw were HUUUGE int he first set. Jeff was letting people know who's boss.

Entire second set was killer. Half Step had a great rio grandio jam. Man Smart, Woman smarter had the passion flowing. Rob B owned that B3 Organ. Ship of Fools was amazing. Miracle>Dew was the highlight of the whole weekend. That Dew was the moment I needed the whole time. NFA was hot. All the encores were fun. Lisa fucking wailed on that Strange Man too. What a woman! :wub:

Archived