Vanity Plates

BigDad

Guest jazz-man

Very cool, I love GD plates! Just yesterday I thought "what about MSN JERY" ? Or JERRYME. Or SHKDWN. I will get one when my plates come up for renewal.

"8 27 72" Very cool...I like the San Francisco above it too.

I wonder if anybody in Oregon has done it yet... :rolleyes:

I dig the subtlety of just a concert date or a less popular song name or reference. I wonder if you can just go to the DMV office and ask the lady to check multiple options to see if they've been taken yet or if it's a through the mail clusterfuck where you pick your plate and then get a bummer letter in a coupla weeks saying some ditchbank Okie already took "RIPPLE" in 1953 or something because it reminded him of his favorite part of his wife's thigh. :huh:

cellulite-on-thighs-buttocks.jpg

redneck-barbie-and-ken.jpg

I can't wait for my next plate renewal!!! :D

• Forum MVP

hey i resent that okie remark!

but seriously, my "ditchbank okie" friend just submitted his vanity plate forms.. here in oklahoma at least, the form has like 8 different letter grids for vanity requests. so if the 1st two are already taken (or deemed inappropriate), they use your third request. my friend had drkstar and a couple other cool ones requested.. and it's state by state, so if its only used in oklahoma, its still fair game in oregon.

there was an interesting article in the daily oklahoman recently about denied vanity requests. included were: acid, coke, godless, imgay..

i can understand denying acid, but the godless and imgay..WTF?! there's TONS of christian vanity plates here, so apparently thats the only religion/lifestyle allowed (well, honestly, that really is the cultural understanding here.. fuck the SW!).

I wonder if you can just go to the DMV office and ask the lady to check multiple options to see if they've been taken yet or if it's a through the mail clusterfuck where you pick your plate and then get a bummer letter in a coupla weeks saying some ditchbank Okie already took "RIPPLE" in 1953 or something because it reminded him of his favorite part of his wife's thigh. :huh:

cellulite-on-thighs-buttocks.jpg

redneck-barbie-and-ken.jpg

I can't wait for my next plate renewal!!! :D

DMV denies vegan's tofu license plate request

Woman says it's about soybeans; agency felt others would see it differently

There is this woman in Denver that loved Tofu and she wanted her vanity plate to read

ILVTOFU

It was denied she couldn't figure out why.

• Forum MVP

"WALSTIB"

I couldn't figure it out for about 15 minutes of brain racking...all the while the quote is on my office wall just to my left :rolleyes:

Well I had to google it, and then proceeded to pound my head on my desk for being so stupid!

:cheers:

Archived