Jerry Day At The Giants

FunkyBass13

• Forum MVP

Anybody go?

How'd it go?

Great Jerry night at ATT! I had a blast, despite the Cubs loss.

My wife and I were walking around the place watching the Cubs take batting practice from above while Garcia was in mid-stride tearing up a solo on a Rooster (from the PA system)--it was two worlds colliding!

One of the highlights of the night for me was seeing our right fielder (Tyler Colvin) field a double off the wall and rocket it to our second baseman (Mike Fontenot) who, in turn, throws a blazing strike to our catcher (Koy Hill), who blocks the plate as the would be winning run slides home and is called out ending the inning...in combination with the PA starting up Bobby's vocals for the chorus of Music No Stop and without missing a beat!

Pretty fucking cool.

Here are some pics my wife uploaded on her page....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=239333&id=685504812&l=13823d39ef

Great Jerry night at ATT! I had a blast, despite the Cubs loss.

My wife and I were walking around the place watching the Cubs take batting practice from above while Garcia was in mid-stride tearing up a solo on a Rooster (from the PA system)--it was two worlds colliding!

One of the highlights of the night for me was seeing our right fielder (Tyler Colvin) field a double off the wall and rocket it to our second baseman (Mike Fontenot) who, in turn, throws a blazing strike to our catcher (Koy Hill), who blocks the plate as the would be winning run slides home and is called out ending the inning...in combination with the PA starting up Bobby's vocals for the chorus of Music No Stop and without missing a beat!

Pretty fucking cool.

Here are some pics my wife uploaded on her page....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=239333&id=685504812&l=13823d39ef

David,

Sorry I missed you there...and yes it was a great time...and I just have to give a shout out to the awesome Cubs fans I befriended throughout the day...They were all really good people! So your hometown was well represented bro!...J

If they had really been on the ball, they would have played The Eleven as everyone was leaving: Jerry Day, 11 innings, 11 hits for the Giants, 11 hits for the Cubs, last show in Chicago, game against Chicago. Too perfect.

WOW!!! :o

THAT is awesome!

• Forum MVP

That was a hell of a play to extend the game. And a fitting segue into Music (The Game) Never Stopped. Some quality Franklin's in that after innings time too.

I watched the 1st 9 innings two rows from the absolute top of the park and the last two innings two rows from the field, as my son led a charge to poach better seats as a good amount of the seemingly sold out crowd (announced at almost 42,000) had split. Interesting dichotomy of perspective.

Oh, and the Garcia bobble head is much cooler than it looks on the web site photo. Never judge a bobble head until you hold it in your hand. :D

Archived