One Thing Is Certain

ThinMan

watching JK on stage last night healed my soul. putting all politics and business practices aside, the man was having the time of his life last night and his effervescent attitude spilled over to the whole band and the whole community. really, i have more respect for john last night then i have ever had. to the point that i started to actually like phil for the first time in 15 years

the show really began with the reuben - which was way streteched out and the segue in to money for gasoline (heat btw) was flawless...as was the 1/2 step > let it grow. bobby still likes to cut off JK at points with his stupid rhythym changes, but JK really soared

nice to see the Roads to open the set. conversation back stage must of been "we are going to do this complete ''69-'70 d.star sandwich, with a gdtrfgb>bid you tacked on John, what would you like to play???", "ah, i would like to play so many roads - damn it if it a slow tune to open the set, i want to play this and if this is the slot given to me - c'est la vie"

oustanding version, and again Fantasy (which seems to be a staple heater) really shook the place up and the segue from Seven Hills into Fantasy was just JK loudly strumming power chords and so into it that it made my heart skip a beat...of course the d.star sandwich was awesome besides d.star of course and bobby really nailed the death don't. gdtrfb cranked the place up one more time and JK just fanning to our heart's delight

touch was ho hum and slow

thank you john - really made me believe

• Forum MVP

DITS opener was good but nothing special. Celebration was all right, not too fond of P&F and Alligator was good but could've been better. They really started to gain some momentum with TJed. JK was absolutely smoking on that as well as Reuben and Cherise. Money for Gasoline was nice. Not a bad bobby song for sure.Half Step and Let It grow were spectacular to close the set. Left that stage smoking!

So Many Roads was great for JK. Reminded me of the Sherman Theater show with the China Doll 2nd set opener. A little weird to start off with a song like that but I'll take it cause JK was definitely loving as was I! 7 Hills of Gold was all right. Loving John on Dear Mr. Fantasy. Does such a good job with it. Dark Star verse 1 was pretty good. Phil actually didn't sound too horrible last night. Smelt the Unbroken Chain and TOO and they we're both spicy. Furthur really does great stuff with Unbroken Chain... becomes something else. TOO was just thunderous. Love the 11. Has such a good rhythm to it and makes me so happy! The band was feeling it for sure. Bobby absolutely KICKED the shit out Death Don't. He does a great job, really feeling the blues. Everybody firing on all cylinders. was hoping for DS V2 into Terrapin like in Coney Island but I'll take that ripping GDTRFB anyways. It was HOT HOT HOT. and Bid You Goodnight is always a sweet way to end.

Touch of Grey encore... meh. Nice to hear John sing again but I'd rather hear a Satisfaction of GLORIA!

Overall, I was very much satisfied. Had fun on the dance floor all night. The ticket was definitely worth the money considering the flub the night before. Great bounce back.

Having said all that... I'm very much looking forward to DSO in Englewood and AC next week. CANNOT WAIT!

• Forum MVP

I must say that seeing John a few weeks ago in Columbus did me A LOT of good. Please don't bash me for saying this-but I don't think I'll ever stop missing JK in DSO. :(

I think that is a totally appropriate comment. While I too miss JK in DSO, I don't want him back. I still get to see him in Furthur and now ALSO have the blessing of seeing and learning what an incredible musician our boy Jeff Mattson is!!!! Him leaving DSO but staying in the GD music scene allows us to continue enjoying him and has introduced us to another awesome musician we may not have known otherwise.... :cheers:

I think that is a totally appropriate comment. While I too miss JK in DSO, I don't want him back. I still get to see him in Furthur and now ALSO have the blessing of seeing and learning what an incredible musician our boy Jeff Mattson is!!!! Him leaving DSO but staying in the GD music scene allows us to continue enjoying him and has introduced us to another awesome musician we may not have known otherwise.... :cheers:

Russo rocks....I really love his drumming!

• Forum MVP

He is really doing a great job and totally proved me wrong in my thinking that one drummer might not work , I'm glad he did ... I really love his drumming also ...

• Forum MVP

I would highly recommend downloading The Duo 7/31/05 off of Archive. It isn't really The Duo, it's Bustle in Your Hedgegrow and Russo absolutely KILLS the Moby Dick. Absolutely ripping show and really shows what Russo can do.

Archived