Barraco, Mattson & Friends - This Wed 10/6 In Nyc!

kieu~*

Hope to see ya'll locals at Sullivan Hall for this sweet little gig with Rob and Jeff!...

Mattson/Barraco & Friends featuring Jeff Mattson (DSO, Donna Jean Godchaux Band, Zen Tricksters), Rob Barraco (DSO, Phil & Friends, Zen Tricksters), Jason Crosby (Robert Randolph, Susan Tedeschi, Zen Tricksters), Joe Chirco (Donna Jean Godchaux Band, David Nelson Band, Zen Tricksters) w/ opening act Easy Over

• Forum MVP

What kinda music should I expect at this gig?

You should prolly expect anything and everything.Not even sure if they'll have a setlist....although with all the pub the gigs have been getting they may have to jot something down.I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. :cheers:

You should prolly expect anything and everything.Not even sure if they'll have a setlist....although with all the pub the gigs have been getting they may have to jot something down.I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. :cheers:

Sounds good to me. Will you be attending? I think this is the first gig of this lineup. Sounds good. Think ill be okay getting a ticket at the venue?

• Forum MVP

Hope to see ya'll locals at Sullivan Hall for this sweet little gig with Rob and Jeff!...

Mattson/Barraco & Friends featuring Jeff Mattson (DSO, Donna Jean Godchaux Band, Zen Tricksters), Rob Barraco (DSO, Phil & Friends, Zen Tricksters), Jason Crosby (Robert Randolph, Susan Tedeschi, Zen Tricksters), Joe Chirco (Donna Jean Godchaux Band, David Nelson Band, Zen Tricksters) w/ opening act Easy Over

Great to see you on here Kimberly!

Hope all is well!

What a great show!! Super fun setlist, superb playing, amazing dancing, packed good-vibes crowd, wonderful seeing friends...a little treasure! All the musicians were just brilliant, really tuned into each other and played off so well...a very cool dynamic. And watching Rob on bass was fantastic!

Lineup: Jeff Mattson-lead guitar, vocals; Rob Barraco-bass, vocals; Jason Crosby-keys, fiddle; Joe Chirco-drums

Set 1:

I Second That Emotion

Abandoned Love

Next Time You See Me

Bird Song> Jam> Locomotive Breath> Jam> The Other One Jam> Eleanor Rigby Jam> Bird Song (reprise)

Folsom Prison Blues

Don’t Let Go

Set 2:

Dig a Pony

Lost Highway

Low Spark of High Heeled Boys> Not Fade Away> Will the Circle Be Unbroken

Mr. Soul

Dark Star Jam> Turn On Your Lovelight

E: The Golden Road (to Unlimited Devotion)

Guest Lisacat

Will the Circle Be Unbroken

Wow! What a setlist...wish I was back east to catch one of these! And I'd give anything to hear dso do this one song live....

Guest Lisacat

What's the deal? Was anyone at Mexicali last night?

I had a ticket but i was too swamped with school work to go unfortunately. Really cramping my style.

Don't have the setlist but listening to a very groovy Mystery Train while I sit here wading through virtual piles of work. Love the fiddle addition!!! The link is www.ustream.tv/recorded/10150434

• Forum MVP

Oh I'm sorry Greg, I don't speak dead languages

Oh I'm sorry Bri, I thought you were well versed in Dead language.Give this a whirl.

All eyes are blinded by the sparkling waters

Scheherazade gathering stories to tell

But where is the child that played with the sunshines?

And chased the cloud shape to the regions of the mind?

Standing streams cries the south wind

Lost in the regions of

Shadow -like chains of illusion,delusions of living and dead.

You speak that.....don't ya Son? :o

Amazing show last night.

Rob on bass is amazing!

Here is a pic of Rob on bass at Peoria in 08. RK, Dino, Eaton and Barraco sat in on a Dead cover band after a DSO show.

GBH_2416.JPG

I talked to Rob, and he said that if he could play anything in a R&R band it would be Bass.

He also was the first electric bass player for Ratdog.

Archived