Wellmont Theater 12/28/2010

Guest PeggyO_brewster

The Wellmont is a great place to see a show, especially since they have no seats on the floor when DSO plays there , allowing much room for dancing. The staff are usually very polite, service bars are plentiful, and sight lines are decent from most vantage points. Some have complained about sound problems, but I have been generally pleased with the acoustics both times I have seen DSO there. Also, the town of Montclair is very cool, with plenty of good watering holes and restaurants to choose from. All in all, I love the place, and I hope DSO does, too.

Topher

Guest Lisacat

personally, I do not like the welmont AT ALL. The no re-entry policy is ridiculous and bugs me out that I cannot step outside if I want to. Why can't they rope off an area or something if they are worried about people bringing stuff back in or loitering around on the streets? So then of course people just start smoking inside at setbreak which isn't great either.

The dancing space is OK....I've had some room on the floor before there but it can also get intense. Loud NJ crowd....

• 3 weeks later...

We're excited to be working with our old friends in Dark Star Orchestra on December 28th at the DSO at Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, NJ.

Please bring a non-perishable food, toiletry, feminine or personal hygiene or baby product donation to the show to help those in need in that community....

We'll have a raffle for a pair of 12/30 tickets!!!

Ticket Raffle Info

Event Info

We're excited to be working with our old friends in Dark Star Orchestra on December 28th at the DSO at Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, NJ.

Please bring a non-perishable food, toiletry, feminine or personal hygiene or baby product donation to the show to help those in need in that community....

We'll have a raffle for a pair of 12/30 tickets!!!

Ticket Raffle Info

Event Info

Thanks for making the info available here about the food drive.....Probably available other places ,but I was unaware of the worthy cause & glad you mentioned it on our forum!

I'm sure we can collect plenty of food for the needy , if we all brought a bag of groceries along with us to the show!

Plan ahead or stop @ a convenience store & drop off some food....share the wealth (if you can)!

See 'Ya @ the show,

Rob

:dsorocks:

Make sure you go to 2r70n00.jpg

Red = Places to park... I mean of course you can park on other side streets (just not Seymour Street as they usually block that off.)

Red and Yellow = Parking Garage Farther from the Wellmont is free. Not to far at all...

Blue = My favorite place to eat.

Cuban Petes.

There's your Wellmont Theater preshow tips in a nutshell..

• Forum MVP

Just called the Wellmont and got this info -

me - " is show on for tonight" ???

The Wellmont Box Office - " The Show Will Go On 8:pm Tonight " !!!

me - " how are the streets and parking " ???

The Wellmont Box Office - " we're doing the best that we can to clean up the snow " ...

me - " how about ticket availability " ???

The Wellmont Box Office - " we have tickets " ...

me - " thanks , see ya tonight " !!!

The Wellmont Box Office - " we're doing the best that we can to clean up the snow " ...

have fun Mike! happy holidays!

Is the start time at 8pm? According to DSO's website, the start time is 7PM. Can anyone confirm? I don't want to miss beginning of show and I also don't want to wait around for an hour :)

• Forum MVP

Is the start time at 8pm? According to DSO's website, the start time is 7PM. Can anyone confirm? I don't want to miss beginning of show and I also don't want to wait around for an hour :)

doors open at 7:pm ... showtime 8:pm ... :dsorocks:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived