Compromise

bs69

• Forum MVP

What do you think of the compromise between the President and the Republicans extending unemployment benefits and the tax cuts? Seems like everyone should be happy, but how do we pay for it? I am not totally against extending unemployment benefits but a line needs to be drawn somewhere or people will abuse the system. I think a better compromise would have been to have the threshold for a tax increase raised from $250,000 to $500,000.

• Forum MVP

What do you think of the compromise between the President and the Republicans extending unemployment benefits and the tax cuts? Seems like everyone should be happy, but how do we pay for it? I am not totally against extending unemployment benefits but a line needs to be drawn somewhere or people will abuse the system. I think a better compromise would have been to have the threshold for a tax increase raised from $250,000 to $500,000.

Agreed that the tax cutoff should have been $500K.

It's hard to watch my guy get manhandled by the Right.

I keep hoping he's doing the Rope-A-Dope for the sake of 2012.........time will tell.

• Forum MVP

Agreed that the tax cutoff should have been $500K.

It's hard to watch my guy get manhandled by the Right.

I keep hoping he's doing the Rope-A-Dope for the sake of 2012.........time will tell.

Extending unemployment benefits is just an admission that things are not getting better, that does not bode well for 2012. It looks like congressional dems may put up a fight, but I don't think they can win. The Republicans will make the cuts retroactive when they take over in January. I see Obama moving more toward the middle in the next couple years in an attemp to be like Clinton.

Archived