On The Road Again...

chuckvegas

• Forum MVP

A Volkswagen Flashback

VW goes retro with an all-new Golf Cabriolet and the Micro-bus inspired Bulli.

By Sean Carson of MSN Autos

4C3FBABC12BE1A78C93189FB28C21.jpg

Remember the 1980s, the decade that most of us would like to forget? Well, VW has resurrected its archetypal '80s classic, the Golf Cabriolet, for this year's 2011 Geneva Motor Show, and it's all grown up and cool.

The Golf Cabriolet boasts an electrically powered soft-top that can be lowered in just 9.5 seconds, even while driving at up to around 18 mph. The Golf will be powered by VW's usual plethora of gas and diesel engines, ranging from a 1.2-liter gasoline to a 2.0-liter turbodiesel, which benefits from VW's standard BlueMotion technology treatment.

• Forum MVP

This is the 2nd prototype of the retro-microbus. I like the first prototype better http://www.automotiv...obus/index.html It has more vW van look in it. Either one will be priced beyond what I can afford so it's a moot point.

True on the price now, but maybe you can get a good deal on a used one in time for the 50th anniversary of Woodstock in '19... cool.gif

its a caravan with the vw emblem on the front.....

real buses have 2 windshields....

I agree. As the owner of a 67 split window Westy, I disapprove. Calling that a bus is blasphemy. If it aint got an air cooled flat four,its just no good!!

• Forum VIP

I just looked on the web site and here are some of the Options for the 2012 Model:

1. High Powered interior exhaust fan - for "cleaning" the air in your bus

2. Fold out small gas grill attachment to rear trunk door for making grill cheese

3. Front Split Windshields for "retro" styling

4. Floor Lock Box - Waterproof and odor free

5. Side window drapes in various colors

6. Shag carpet - stain proofing available

7. Milk carton bucket seats in rear - are removable

8. Mirror ball light for rear seating area

9. single speaker sound system in dashboard with 8 track

10. " Jerry Saves " Spare tire cover

Sounds cool to me man...I am getting on the list....

Archived