Tri Webcast - Tonight At 7Pm Pt

John A

• Forum MVP

As they layered more and more elements into the fray it became increasingly evident that Bobby has a special room happening there. It really felt like the acoustical environment created an ease of flow among the players. Everything is so clear. No monitors. What the musicians hear is what the audience hears.

With Bobby keeping himself toned down, even dangerous vocal ground such as Sugaree and Bird Song came off nicely. And the show had a well thought out double-decker sandwich conclusion of Cassidy->Bird Song->West LA->Other One (2nd verse)->Bird Song->Cassidy.

• Forum MVP

As they layered more and more elements into the fray it became increasingly evident that Bobby has a special room happening there. It really felt like the acoustical environment created an ease of flow among the players. Everything is so clear. No monitors. What the musicians hear is what the audience hears.

With Bobby keeping himself toned down, even dangerous vocal ground such as Sugaree and Bird Song came off nicely. And the show had a well thought out double-decker sandwich conclusion of Cassidy->Bird Song->West LA->Other One (2nd verse)->Bird Song->Cassidy.

^^^There was a nice little Terrapin jam before that Birdsong reprise.

I was checking in from time to time and thought it sounded great. Really impressive sound separation and clarity...the lushness of what they had going on was pretty cool. I really liked the horns in songs like West LA. I thought they sounded fuckin fantastic.

The problem is...is that I love Weir. I listen to him almost every day. And I am thinking that if I listen to this stuff, then I am going to stop loving him as much.

And I really do not want that to happen.

I love this for those people who get off on the modern day Bob Weir cause it's a really great vehicle in which to reach lots of folks, but I'm just not into the modern day Bob Weir. Pains me to even think that but last night, I had to admit to myself that it was true.

• Forum MVP

I was checking in from time to time and thought it sounded great. Really impressive sound separation and clarity...the lushness of what they had going on was pretty cool. I really liked the horns in songs like West LA. I thought they sounded fuckin fantastic.

The problem is...is that I love Weir. I listen to him almost every day. And I am thinking that if I listen to this stuff, then I am going to stop loving him as much.

And I really do not want that to happen.

I love this for those people who get off on the modern day Bob Weir cause it's a really great vehicle in which to reach lots of folks, but I'm just not into the modern day Bob Weir. Pains me to even think that but last night, I had to admit to myself that it was true.

:(

I was so impressed with the performance last night, blown away. early on, he said "turn up the sound, I built this place"

The days between was phenominal, and Kimock's a beast.

I was so impressed with the performance last night, blown away. early on, he said "turn up the sound, I built this place"

The days between was phenominal, and Kimock's a beast.

I never thought I would say this but Bobby is truly blowing my mind right now...

Both musically and with the just the sheer genius of the idea of the room.

The audio, video, and the stream were amazing. You hear what the musicians hear.

I cannot wait to see who all he will bring there to play. (he mentioned that furthur will be there eventually)

The Days Between was truly moving, and totally unexpected. I was simply amazed. It was a beautiful experience.

• Forum VIP

I also watched the Bob Weir and Friends show on Friday and was very impressed with the technology I was seeing, the sound was a 10 and the video was a 8 for me with some techincal difficulties, it was an expierence to be in my home watching Weir finally be Weir, this has been one of my issues with Furthur and I am glad he is now in his own "Flying Saucer" doing his thing, THANK YOU Bob for taking all the money you make on the music and giving it back to us time and time again.....Dr. V.

Archived