Hank Senior

chuckvegas

• Forum MVP

Bob Dylan, Jack White and Norah Jones Record Unheard Hank Williams SongsAug. 4, 2011, 12:07 PM ESTBy Rollingstone.com

"The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams," a new collection of previously unheard songs by the country great, recorded by artists such as Bob Dylan, Jack White, Norah Jones and Levon Helm, will be released on October 4. The set, which will be issued on Dylan's imprint, Egyptian Records, was originally conceived by veteran A&R executive Mary Martin as a Dylan-centric project, but eventually evolved into a multi-artist tribute to the late singer-songwriter.

The songs featured in the set were rescued from notebooks left behind in a leather briefcase by Hank Williams after he died in 1953 at the age of 29. The notes contained lyrics and song ideas that were finished by the 13 artists who contributed to the disc. The full story of Williams' notebooks will be told in the album's liner notes, which were penned by Michael McCall of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.

The full track listing for "The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams" is as follows:

Alan Jackson "You've Been Lonesome, Too"

Bob Dylan "The Love That Faded"

Norah Jones "How Many Times Have You Broken My Heart?"

Jack White "You Know That I Know"

Lucinda Williams "I'm So Happy I Found You"

Vince Gill and Rodney Crowell "I Hope You Shed a Million Tears"

Patty Loveless "You're Through Fooling Me"

Levon Helm "You'll Never Again Be Mine"

Holly Williams "Blue Is My Heart"

Jakob Dylan "Oh, Mama, Come Home"

Sheryl Crow "Angel Mine"

Merle Haggard "The Sermon on the Mount"

• Forum MVP

I'm surprised Emmylou is not listed as being involved. She wrote about him in a song on The Western Wall album which she did with Linda Rondstat a few years back. "Hank Williams died when I was five. He said I'll never get outta this world alive. Well, it's been a long time since I was that kid and I've seen alot more than Hank ever did"

• Forum MVP

I'm psyched to hear the new material!

Same here! My dad was into what we'd now call old school country - Hank, Johnny Cash, Conway and Merle, plus bluegrass. Talk about people who wrote the book on paying dues...

Archived