Steve Williams

Dstone5553

• Forum MVP

I have no idea if anyone else saw this yesterday but I had to turn off his interview with CBS after Adam Scott won that tournament because I was embarrassed for him. Yeah, he broke the unwritten rule of caddies and spoke to the press but it's what he said. I was expecting him to tell them he was embarrassed regarding the chants of his name as they were walking down the 18th fairway because he didn't win jack sqaut, the person he was caddying for did and how Scott deserves all the credit but instead he talks about how he's always been a great front runner and how he only cares about winning and how he's won this many times and on and on.

i get that he's super pissed at Tiger and I get that caddies are important and I think he helped Adam Scott in the tournament but I also think Scott has to be pretty frustrated with some of the things his caddy said and I wouldn't blame him if Williams wasn't on his bag next week, although that won't happen.

This was supposed to be Adam Scott's time in the spotlight and Williams goes out of his way to shine it on himself? I'm sure he didn't plan it that way and my guess is he'd like to have done things differently (telling us that this was the best week of his life and leaving it at that) but he sure came off as a dweeb in my eyes.

I'm thinking that Scott is thinking he didn't sign up for this.

• Forum MVP

I have no idea if anyone else saw this yesterday but I had to turn off his interview with CBS after Adam Scott won that tournament because I was embarrassed for him. Yeah, he broke the unwritten rule of caddies and spoke to the press but it's what he said. I was expecting him to tell them he was embarrassed regarding the chants of his name as they were walking down the 18th fairway because he didn't win jack sqaut, the person he was caddying for did and how Scott deserves all the credit but instead he talks about how he's always been a great front runner and how he only cares about winning and how he's won this many times and on and on.

i get that he's super pissed at Tiger and I get that caddies are important and I think he helped Adam Scott in the tournament but I also think Scott has to be pretty frustrated with some of the things his caddy said and I wouldn't blame him if Williams wasn't on his bag next week, although that won't happen.

This was supposed to be Adam Scott's time in the spotlight and Williams goes out of his way to shine it on himself? I'm sure he didn't plan it that way and my guess is he'd like to have done things differently (telling us that this was the best week of his life and leaving it at that) but he sure came off as a dweeb in my eyes.

I'm thinking that Scott is thinking he didn't sign up for this.

I will cut him a little slack because I am sure he was not expecting a microphone in his face, but he comes across as an arrogant prick and always has. I could not believe the fans chanting his name, who cheers for the caddy? I feel bad for Scott to be caught up in all of this, but he had to know this would happen going in.

• Forum MVP

I will cut him a little slack because I am sure he was not expecting a microphone in his face

It's not the first time a caddy has been asked to comment on something. 99% of them would have told the guy with the mic...no thanks. But I grant you that this is a pretty unusual situation and there probably has never been a caddy in his position ever before. I was kind of hoping he would take advantage of that and say the right things, but he did not.

But he recently said that his comments were 'over the top' and that he was just very angry about the Tiger stuff. So at least he has some insight into his behavior...which is something I guess.

I never knew he was like this until those comments though.

Guest crazy digits

I will cut him a little slack because I am sure he was not expecting a microphone in his face, but he comes across as an arrogant prick and always has. I could not believe the fans chanting his name, who cheers for the caddy? I feel bad for Scott to be caught up in all of this, but he had to know this would happen going in.

I,for one, have no respect for Tiger Woods. He, for many reasons, is resepected by many, even if he is doing poorly? He has made his bed and he must now sleep in it. In my opinion, karma has taken over his soul. We'll see in the long run? Jack's record's are safe!

He completely dissed his caddie who in my opinion is one of the best out there. I probably would have fired off my mouth as well if asked ( which was wrong ). No one is perfect that is for sure. My guess is you won't hear anything else. Adam Scott is a class act! I doubt he even blinked with no mention from Steve? My guess is Steve just plane blanked and feels bad about not mentioning his employer and winner of the tourney?

Poor Tiger.

• Forum MVP

Tiger chose Steve for a reason way back when. If you remember, Fluff was the previous bagman and he made some comments and did some things that Tiger didn't agree with. So he went out and found himself a pseudo-bodyguard to carry his bag. Yes, Steve is definitely one of the best in the business but the reason he was on Tiger's bag was because he wouldn't hesitate to be a prick when Tiger wanted him to be.

I agree with DStone's assesment of the interview, but it didn't surprise me one bit. But it was in very poor taste.

Archived