Jgb In Grass Valley 9/22/11

sakada

WOW!!! another smokin' JGB show last night !!! they are ON FIRE !!! according to Jimmy {the bass player} they have been practicing A LOT...Melvin steppin' outside the box of songs he actually played WITH Jerry...

as note: JGB tonight @ Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz, Sat. @ GAHM, SF...

9/22 Grass Valley:

2nd That Emotion>

Sugaree

Get Out My Life

Evangeline

LAZY BONES *

RoadRunner !!!!!!

It's No Use * >

One Kind of Favor * {sung by Melvin}

After Midnight >

Eleanor Rigby Jam >

After Midnight

Sisters & Brothers >

I'll Be with Thee * > {gorgeous-ly done...the singer who recently became a cancer survivor in tears}

MIGHTY HIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midnight Moonlight >

How Sweet It Is

* 1st time played

• Forum MVP

Joshua.....Although ABear sounds ok from what I've heard, he's not Stu. I'm just really bummed that Stu is on a indefinite leave from JGB, especially since they hit the East Coast in a couple of weeks. I know he asked to come back a month ago, and I guess Melvin said no thanks. Band politics I surmise. What's your take on Hebert?

ya know, AS MUCH as i dig Stu, i have to say that Dave Hebert is ragin' it w/ JGB...practicing TONS and he sounds gr8...as with others, he sounds A LOT like Jerry on a number of songs...his guitar is pretty right on, too...i certainly got NO complaints with the way this band is sounding these days...{bear in mind that i am rather opinionated & bratty about these things, too}...definitely go see them with an open mind and you won't be disappointed...

• Forum MVP

Second the Jersey boy's overall emotion about Stu. BUT I had a damn good time when they were here a month or so ago under the Dead Ahead banner. Tight was the word, all right. The job they did on The Harder They Come was brightly moving! As long as the wheel keeps turning like that, the flame is well kept...

• Forum MVP

Second the Jersey boy's overall emotion about Stu. BUT I had a damn good time when they were here a month or so ago under the Dead Ahead banner. Tight was the word, all right. The job they did on The Harder They Come was brightly moving! As long as the wheel keeps turning like that, the flame is well kept...

Think they are playing brooklyn bowl soon, was looking forward to seeing stu...

Archived