Austin, Texas

pwpolk

It's doubtful. I think they only broadcast shows they arrange for ahead of time. I didn't see a film crew, either. Probably wouldn't have danced quite so expressively if i thought i was going to broadcast! But, for sure, this one should be released for download.

What's the probability of this show making ACL's PBS broadcast?

• Forum MVP

It's doubtful. I think they only broadcast shows they arrange for ahead of time. I didn't see a film crew, either. Probably wouldn't have danced quite so expressively if i thought i was going to broadcast! But, for sure, this one should be released for download.

ask, and receive............. http://www.archive.org/details/dso2011-10-14.akg483.flac16

welcome bro, like you I came out of my first DSO show very jacked up. although I had seen the GD 50-60 times from mid 80's to 95 (and some damn good shows) my real love of the Dead developed when I discovered tape trading and started listening to the late 60's and 70's. something about that raw sound dove deep in me. GD almost became too tight and too good for my taste in those later years when compared to their early years. DSO has allowed me to experience something I missed due to my age. since Mattson joined the band, they have been delivering the aforementioned raw sound in spades!!! I flippin' love it! :dsorocks:

Oh, thank you thank you! So cool to have this! I wonder if DSO will release a sbd of it? Dn't get me wrong, I love the aud recordings, but a sbd will capture the subtleties.

ask, and receive............. http://www.archive.org/details/dso2011-10-14.akg483.flac16

welcome bro, like you I came out of my first DSO show very jacked up. although I had seen the GD 50-60 times from mid 80's to 95 (and some damn good shows) my real love of the Dead developed when I discovered tape trading and started listening to the late 60's and 70's. something about that raw sound dove deep in me. GD almost became too tight and too good for my taste in those later years when compared to their early years. DSO has allowed me to experience something I missed due to my age. since Mattson joined the band, they have been delivering the aforementioned raw sound in spades!!! I flippin' love it! :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Give The Frost May 1989 Second set Playin In The Band a listen, the spacey ness is very close to what they were achieving in the '70's

Archived