St. Pete 3-2-12

kdubfan

• Forum MVP

I fell in love at a DSO show. Over and over and over....

I got to meet Kira and Fred for the firs time and those ladies are beautiful with blazing smiles and happiness surrounding them. Group Hugs = The SHIT!

Another stupendous show

10/26/85

Sun Dome - Tampa, FL

Set 1:

Gimme Some Lovin'

Greatest Story Ever Told

Dupree's Diamond Blues

C.C. Rider

Stagger Lee

Me And My Uncle

Big River

Big Railroad Blues

Looks Like Rain

Don't Ease Me In

Set 2:

China Cat Sunflower

I Know You Rider

Man Smart-Woman Smarter

He's Gone

Don't Need Love

Drums

Comes A Time

Throwin' Stones

Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad

One More Saturday Night

Encore:

Midnight Hour

Filler:

You ain't Woman Enough

Tangled up in Blue

Highlights to me personally were the Me & My Uncle> Big River, China> Rider, and Comes a Time. I have not been able to catch any shows in 13 long months and I have to say Jeff's singing & guitar playing has gotten even better somehow. The Don't Need Love was beautifully belted out by Barraco and the true standout song to me. I had an amazing time with THE best people!

Nothing left to do but :) :) :)

• Forum MVP

Really a great show. It should be noted that Jeff teased close encounters during space...I don't know if he was reading my lips(doubt it!) but Torin and I were talking about the 78 Eugene show were the dead did it only minutes before he played it. Weird. Beautiful comes a time, rockin throwing stones. K dub, I think I fell in love too but at the end of the show she said 'have a good life'...gotta love it. Maybe I'll meet her again someday on the avenue...:)

One more Saturday night tonight...gotta pull some energy together here. Electric lullaby tonight?

Guest crazy digits

I remember this sun dome show like it was yesterday, the drive overnight from hollywood ( you may get that one tonight? )...lots a flashing lights I remember ;), the parking lot, walking into the show and of course, the show, especially the comes a time (miss Jerry )....have an excellent audience recording of this show I recorded....was lucky enough to do houston thru chula visita then catching start of next tour, hollywood thru first night of richmond...delrailed in parking lot the next day:( memories are cool...

have seen 3 jannus shows ( i think ) but its been a long time since I have been to florida.

So MUCH fun! This show just brought out EVERYONE'S smiles. Best time ever with Mike, Fred, and Brian! ;) And all the while dancing to the greatest music by the greatest band ever!

Thank you DSO for a great night at a klller venue with the bestest friends......

Amazing night. Venue was ideal: outdoors, great crowd, security very lax.

Then there was the show, great '85 setlist. As soon as they starting singing gimme some we knew it was '85.

The Duprees really got things rockin, and there was no turning back from there. The chemistry of these guys is nutso.

Cowboy tunes, big railroad, looks like rain were all just smokin

We were hopin for a nice crisp '85 china>rider to open up the 2nd set and boy did they deliver.

Post drums was the perfect sender, comes a time into a rockin throwing, gdtrfb ripped and sat nite just pure smoke.

Highlight for me could have been midnight hour encore, was a nice long extended jam at end, could not have been better

Then just when we thought it was time to sail on out, they absolutely ripped filler of tangled up in blue, I mean just crushed it

Thank you dso for an unbelievably fun night

And dino and rob, great hanging with you guys post show at macdintons, very cool cats!

Peace

Just want to take a moment to say how much fun it was traversing FLA to see a couple shows and meet some very fine folks. I received a pm from Phil (STR HED) prior to St. Pete. letting me know he'll be recording behind SB, so Liz and I strolled in and located the rig. We met Phil, and he proceeded to introduce us to a few other board members. It was nice to meet you Torin, Aaron, Fred, Brian (there may have been others, and I apologize for any omisions). We found a beautiful beach down at Fort De Soto Park to hang prior to show, as the weather was fine!

What is kinda strange is that Phil lives one street over from my Mom! What are the odds of that?? He stopped over yesterday when we returned from Lauderdale and we went sea glass hunting on the beach, and he invited us to see Crazy Fingers on Wed. night. Very kind soul is Phil. Finally got my Space Canyon batik. Any chance DSO can return to Pompano Amphitheater?

I drove over from West Palm after work and am very grateful to have been able to do so.l For one it was nice to have reunited with Dino b4 the show an since I arrived early I set up my rig 12' up and centered between the stacks and adjacent to the soundboard. Just finished listening to the show and it sounds OK. Not much crowd chatter but not to pleased with the vocals. The drums and guitars sound pretty damn great to me though. Hopefully by early next week everything will be up on archive.

The first person I ran into was cnjbrian and was really happy to hear he had another Birthday comming up. Congratulations Brian on another successful long strange trip 'round the sun! Proud of you. The Wharf Rat tables this past weekend in SOFLA were a hit and Godsend to many a traveler. I know. Thanks DSO for supporting such a great program.

Somewhere in the middle of Set I, I see Torin walking by me and I stopped him and we had a good laugh. He ended up staying in my area and we danced and talked a bit between songs. I found out it was his 100th show! Holy Cow. Keep on Truckin' buddy and good luck in your new job(s). What a pleasure it was to hang with you! Thanks. ;)

Man it was great to meet a lot of Starheads who I have only met on here not out there and the ones I have met before. Kira and Fred what a pleasure and hopefully we shall meet again. And of course Brian and Dancin Fool too! Lisa, Koritz it was sweet to be meet again and be apart of your "Mega Tour". Dancin I have a feeling we are going to have some fun here on the Island each time you visit! BTW yes I took Brian and Liz "glassing" and I leave them alone for 10 minutes after a short instruction on Seaglassing techniques and I return to find that Liz scored on the biggest jewelery grade white chunk of glass that I have ever seen found on this beach wich btw is now a seceret location due to the amount of POACHERS snagging MY glass. LOL Till we meet again and I too love you all. :crewrocks:

Phillip

On a side note: It was a very humid nite and I think Mango mentoned how sweaty it was and all I could think of to say was "Chuck would be proud". It was strange attending a show where either Chuck or Herdy were not in attendance. Don't think you were not missed. However, jO2eph was there holding down the fort as usual... Peace all..

• Advisory Board
)

but its been a long time since I have been to florida.

I think the last time I was in Florida with you, Bix to see DSO was The Wannee Festival back in April of 05..

It was strange attending a show where either Chuck or Herdy were not in attendance. Don't think you were not missed. However,

Thanks so much, Phil for missing the Ambassador and myself!! Feels good to know that you're missed! Hopefully we'll catch up sooner then later my friend!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest L~Cat

pulled up this show this morning to give a little listen to the filler, as recommended, and have to say Lisa can sure bring a smile.... "I said Bitch, you ain't woman enough to take my man"

keep her fired up boys.....

oh and thanks Phil for the recording....

Archived