Anyone been to Mighty High?

4evergr8ful

This will be the third year in a row for the "Mighty High" to be held at Tuxedo Ridge ski area, which is located in the beautiful Hudson Highlands of New York. While the ski area has probably seen better years, the vibe when DSO plays there is just amazingly cool, which more than makes up for any physical shortcomings. Staff there have been, for the most part, pretty relaxed, although last year I did notice quite a few cops around, in addition to regular security. One thing I would recommend is to pay for a ticket that allows you re-entry, unless you are planning on staying inside the compound the whole time. Yes, those tickets are a bit more expensive (an extra $20, I believe), which I think is rediculous, but worth it if you need to to be able to come and go as you wish. Late May in upstate New York can be warm and pleasant, but it can also be cool and rainy. Last year there was plenty of mud, which I feel kinda added to the fun of being at a festival, just make sure you dress accordingly.

• Forum MVP

I've been there each time DSO has been on the bill and don't have much to add to the above...it is beautiful, lush, green, and serene. And that does bring up two points. With lush and green comes bugs of the flying and crawling type. So bring the insecticide/anti-bite potion of your choice. And to stay serene, note that it is a bit of a drive out in them thar hills, and peace officers prowl the road after show time.

I'm getting stoked. A month and counting!

Camping at Mighty High can be a challenge. The camping area seems to be an old asphalt strip of some kind thats been grown over through time. It looks like grass in many places but it is asphalt. Bring metal stakes with a good hammer. That should do it.

The camping is maybe a 1/5 mile down the road. There is a path through the woods and over a little hill from the ski lodge to the camping site. It's like a 15 minute walk. I live half hour away and I will still be camping. Looking forward....

Archived