mama tried>

big river

loose lucy

GSET

visions

Box of rain

new speedway

let it grow

UJB>sailor>saint>foolish heart>truckin>drums>space>do it in the road>wheel>world to give>UJB>good lovin'

Deal

Sold out. Dancing space in the balcony. Marvelous sounds all around... and WE did NOT open that door, it was some drunk girls that showed up and were trying to escape the way too good music cause they wanted to talk or something..... hehe, what a great show!

Big River and let it grow really stand out to me from the first set and the visions was a heavenly vision indeed.

Marvelous second set, there just wasn't a break in the energy or momentum and I can't believe I get to see you guys again tomorrow that is just so exciting!

• Advisory Board

God I LOVE the un-dead-likeness of these elective sets these days... Women Smart first set opener? Visions first set? LOVE IT!

You truly don't know what the fuck is gonna be played when DSO does the elective sets these days... Reminds me of that third night at Mighty High with first set Wharf Rat>GSET closer...

again... LOVE IT!

• Forum MVP

I agree with Herdy about the eclectic potential of the originals. Personally, the closer they come to TN territory, the better. Make them like a really exciting box of chocolate, where you never know what you're going to get. That one looks really good.

The beach house with a bunch of Stouts is a blast, and I'm stoked for sun and sand and Philly!

• Forum MVP

Been gathering the elective setlists from the band (since Jeff joined) and what is really neat is that they have been changing them in very key ways here lately... Like making it "less deadlike" like Herdy mentioned. Last night was gonna open w bucket and close w black muddy river, for example. This, to me, indicates that they are not to be fenced in by the lines we might have drawn and are much more than just close enough to pretend.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a problem that should be addressed. The band should take notice of this as well. This concerns them.

OK, I work a lot at the Tarrytown Music Hall. ( I video tape kids shows there through out the year to the tune of about 60 shows). I was there today and I noticed some damage to the theatre and was told by staff there that this occured at the most recent DSO show a couple weeks ago. For anyone who is familiar with this venue they will know that on the floor on either side of the theatre, there are these wooden sculpture images that line each side of the outer aisles along the walls. They sort of look like fairy tale images with a prince and a princess in each one. Apparently, someone durning the show felt they needed to break the head off of one of these very old sculptures. I don't have to tell you the implications here. Bottom line, the band needs venues to play. What they don't need is anyone defacing or otherwise causing damage to a building that they and we are counting on in the future to go to. (Anyone remember Deer Creek 95) I know its not as bad as all of that but this sort of thing needs to be nipped in the bud so to speak. OK rant over, you may now return to your regularly scheduled long strange trip.

This is what the image looks like before the damage:

intacttarrytownimagesmallerrez.jpg

After:

brokentarrytownimagesmallerrez.jpg

Archived