The Judge Decreed It...

Muddy Waters

• Forum MVP

Well he copped a plea, that says something. I just think that there's more to this than meets the eye. I have heard some disturbing stuff about him, but I'll keep that to myself. He obviously was facing more time in a trial, and his attorney's probably advised him his odds weren't too good going to jury, so he took the deal. He won't do nowhere near 30 months.

• Advisory Board

It's Federal... He'll do MINIMUM 85% of that 30 months...

Like Greg said, he coped a plea... so in my eyes, he was looking at a helluva lot longer then 2 1/2 years in Federal Prison, so I'm wondering what else he was charged with, which was then dropped after he coped the plea and only got the 1 felony... I think there is ALOT more to this story then meets the eyes via newspaper reports...

An old friend of mine (haven't hung out since a little after high school) just received a 5 year Federal Prison sentence for being involved in a prescription pill ring.. He told me that the plea he coped to get those 5 years, saved him over a $50k in lawyer fees, and possible 15-18 year prison sentence... He reports to Ft. Dix in Jersey June 20th, and isn't allowed parole until April 2016...

He won't do nowhere near 30 months.

Um ...yes he will . You are definitely on to something though. He had the best Defense Lawyer in the STL and he agreed to a 30 month Guilty Plea? They had him brass tacks from every angle. No question about it Not that I agree with it, as I believe the laws themselves that allolw the Feds to bring the charges are questionable at best.

Archived