Jam/ or space?

Shakedown

Sugar mag

E

Johnny b goode

From Dec 17,1978

Filler

Quinn

Another Great Show. Puke splatter on me last night. Poked in the eye tonight, hard, on really bad high five and I still had an amazing weekend.

Was so hungover today that at 7:30 tonight, I started thinking, wow, I'm not going to this show. Jumped in the shower, and finally felt reasonable enough to go. No drinks tonight.

Heard thru the grapevine that the second night was supposed ti be more crowded that the first night.. and that was a scary proposition. I've been to few shows more crowded than last night. turns out I found optimal dance space Kevin side of the stage and swung and twirled and spun and leaped to my hearts content!! glorious!

got to meet and dance with comic mike and meet some of his friends. glad we got to meet you mike! see you at penns peak.. You'll love the venue!

great 78 show played to perfection. from the heart of me,estimated, eyes, drums, jam, shakedown??? yes please!!!

to the band.. the 90 second jam after drums was new.. never played by dso before and only played once by the dead.what was the name of it?

now on the way to northampton. lets hope for another great turnout!!

Definitely a very crowded show that night. I go to town ballroom on a fairly regular basis, and I would have to go and say that was the most crowded I've ever seen the place. I very much enjoyed the dance space you (Jenna) and RickE found to the left; it helped as a breathe of fresh space to comfortably go wildly about in. I had an awesome time. Of the two nights I enjoyed the previous one a little bit more, but still thoroughly enjoyed the second night. The estimated>eyes>drums>jam>shakedown was definitely the highlight for me, the eyes>drums had me feeling as if I was lost about blissfully in the amazon jungle, I was diggin' it. But from the first set I thought the Mexicali and Music Never Stopped were particularly excellent. Fantastic job on From the Heart of Me, Lisa; it was cathartic and riveting.

to Jenna... look forward to seeing you guys at Penn's Peak! Hopefully we'll have a bit more space to dance wildly about in. Also, this might help you figure out the name to the jam you are curious about: http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2010/01/deads-early-thematic-jams.html

to Jenna... look forward to seeing you guys at Penn's Peak! Hopefully we'll have a bit more space to dance wildly about in. Also, this might help you figure out the name to the jam you are curious about: http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2010/01/deads-early-thematic-jams.html

that was a really great article and I spent some time reading up and listening.. but it only documents jams up til 1975.. the one I'm looking for was only played once in this show in 1978.

• Forum MVP

wish i was at this show ,one of my favorite moments of dead music after they came back from egypt.saw the dead on that tour and have been able to catch dso playing shows from that era.was rob kortiz playing the tar during drums?alot of jams in that had that really need middle eastern feel to em ,remember the rams head show a few years back ,,think it was a landover show from that tour .same feel to it

• Forum MVP

wish i was at this show ,one of my favorite moments of dead music after they came back from egypt.saw the dead on that tour and have been able to catch dso playing shows from that era.was rob kortiz playing the tar during drums?alot of jams in that had that really need middle eastern feel to em ,remember the rams head show a few years back ,,think it was a landover show from that tour .same feel to it

Steve,

Yes...

Just a ridiculous 2 nite run in Buffalo and so glad to be a part of it...as usual my favorite DSO show will be the next one...Wayne NJ...hope to see you there

Archived