World Cafe Live at The Queen [Wilmington, DE]--anyone been to this venue?

GoingBackTo Where....

• Forum MVP

Spring East  is not so well set up for me to hit many shows:{

Jubilee of course----but not so much the Northern States:{

I would like to make the Wilmington Show, but these shows are pricey, and though I love the music, I love the dance that comes with it!!!

Has anyone been to this venue, as it looks small.  If its sold out, and being so close to Philly and such, I imagine it will----but is it crowded.  Any dancing room, or is it tight?    

Please-----someone share-----as its tough spending 3-400 bucks for a show---especially with Jubillee so close to the date!!

Its tough but worth it---as long as I can dance:}   Hope that did not sound too selfish!!!

Thanks

I have not been there, but I found this image. Looks like it might be crowded.

http://inwilmingtonde.com/places/place.php?p=24

The venue is about an hour from Philly, but it will get promoted well there because Live at World Cafe is affiliated with

WXPN, a listener funded, independent radio station in Philly, with satellites in Harrisburg and Allentown,and I think Maryland.

That being said, I have always found room to dance at a show when I've wanted/needed to.

• Forum MVP

Hey TS--

Thanks for that info!!   I have checked out several pics, including the one you posted!!  It seems there is a second level, but I am not sure if thats another whole venue or what?  The second level has been described as seperate, but I dont know.  I would hate to miss a new venue that is fun------but yea-----There is a sister Theatre in Philly, so i imagine it will be marketed through out the area!!

I booked a hotel room just in case, and will buy a ticket.  I plan on hitting Penns Peak---one way or another===so that might be a show coming back home!!!

A sell out crowd is only 800people!!!   Thats seems very small for a market that big.  Maybe not Wilmington, but with the surrounding area!!

800 people sounds small for DSO------

hey  sorry about he the typing what I am thinking, but thanks bunches for that input!!  it makes plenty sense!!!!

Hmmm..    Yep---I have found dance in the smallest of areas, proven by 930club and Electric Factory----Sell out crowds,, but thats not to say it was not tough!!

• Forum MVP

I've been to the upstairs of the Queen 2 or 3 times to see Splintered Sunlight, which is more of a bar/restaurant than venue. I have gone downstairs though and It looks really cool. I would go 100% if I were still on that side.

• Forum MVP

I called today and spoke with staff there!!   If you want tickets to this show you better buy them quick!!!

They are capping this show at 580.   The Venue looks really small, and though they said they are new, and just opened their doors 2 years ago, I think they will sell out for sure!!!    They said it would be nice to sell out!!

I asked about dance space, and she said yea, DSO is a dancing band:}  If you only knew sweetheart:}!!!  

The lovely gal talked to me for like 15mins about a show 2months from now!!   Very nice person, and pleasure to speak with!!

There is upstairs balacony seating for a little over a hundred.  Its mainly couches, seats and tables!!   Not a place for my dancing bones, but maybe a nice place to rest during break!!  Extra 5 bucks. 

Well---I will be testing this venue---and than moving on up North.  At worse, I get to see and hear kick as music, at best, i get the same but a little room to groove!!!

Two back to to back weekends of DSO!!!    I am FUCKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!     That will be 5 performances with Jubilee, and so far I have only seen   8 shows!!    Bring back that summer time fun---coming on in like its going out of style:}!!!!!

Archived