Still no reports?

Taper Ron

I was wondering why, came up with a couple of reasons.

• What happens in Jamaica stays in Jamaica.
  • Everybody has been kidnapped by Ganja smoking maniacs.
  • Everyone is in an (unexplained) psychotic daze.

Anybody think of any other explanations?

OOPs !?!  Still in Island mode  and messed up....  meant TR  :huh:

And yes to next year and the whole thing went VERY WELL.  The Jamaicans love us, everyone was sad to see us go and many said how great the music was and they had never heard it before and loved how friendly, respectful and family like everyone was.

I'm not a master writer of show reviews, but I'm gonna comment on some aspects of this trip.  First of all, IT WAS AWESOME!!!  March 1 - lovely weather, lovely beach.  Night of March 1 - terrific show with a good amount of nice, warm rain.  March 2 - great catamaran trip with the band, according to  my husband.  I wimped out and got off the boat before it left.  He came back all smiles and nicely toasted 6 hours later:)  Night of March 2 - WIND!  The band started off outside, but after about 4 songs, it became pretty obvious that it just wasn't gonna work.  After some executive decision making, the crew kicked ass and worked hard to bring the whole show inside.  Instead of doing a 2 set electric show, the band opted to perform a wonderful acoustic set.  At that point, it had gotten pretty late, and had to be 1am or 130am when they started back up.  All I know is that I got back to my room around 3am, when they finished.  "Inside" wasn't REALLY inside.  It was an open room with basically no walls, but it had a roof, a stage, and a bar.  Worked for me!  It was fun waiting to see what they were gonna do.  Most people made it through to the acoustic set without giving up or falling asleep.  We laughed, drank, smoked, chilled, mixed and mingled.  It was great!  Daytime March 3 - not a great beach day, but a FABULOUS day to sleep in until 5pm, which is exactly what Doug and I did.  Nighttime March 3 - 1978 show - LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!  Like I said, I'm not great at giving detailed reviews, but I'm sure Rick or Jenna or one of the other skilled reviewers will be able to give you guys all of that good info.  Monday, we went on a river walk, and came back to dance our asses off to an awesome elective show.  I can't say enough about this particular show.  It was hot, HOT, HOT!!!!  WOW!!!  It was  brilliantly played!  Every song was incredible! Thank you for the Mission:)  Thank you for all of it!!!  Keller was great - everything was great!

We got a beachfront room, and our door was about 20 rooms away from the stage. I've been dreaming about this kind of experience ever since I learned back in the '80's that the Grateful Dead had gone to Jamaica and played in the Jamaica Sunsplash. Dancing on the sand, under the stars, with the waves lapping at the shore with the PHENOMENAL Dark Star Orchestra proved to be EVERYTHING that I always thought it would be!  For me, it was a feeling of joy and ecstasy.  It felt brand new and age-old and timeelss all at once, if that  makes any sense.  Our 6 guys and a girl played so tight, and with such enthusiasm.  It was very evident that they were just as psyched to be there as we were. 

The gathering of souls at this event was beautiful.  Just as I knew we would, Doug and I met sooooo many awesome, funny, crazy, peaceful, lovely people.  I have never had  more fun at a hotel in my life.  Everyone was open and friendly and into hanging out with everyone else.  It was such a cool experience.  For those who weren't able to make it this year, but really wanted to go - I cannot recommend this trip highly enough.  The jamaican people are so much fun!  One of the hotel highlights for me was a dance show put on by two young girls and two young guys at the "inside" stage.  I can't do it justice with words, but they were awesome and had me cracking up!

This is the best I can do as far as an update goes.  I hope it provided some insight as to how the trip was for those who are curious. 

To everyone we met, and to everyone we didn't - thank you for a real good time!!!

To DSO - thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!  It was amazingly awesome kick-ass fun!!!

PS - just saw Rick's review in the review section.  Thanks Rick - great job:)  It brought back a lot of forgotten moments for me :rolleyes:

• Advisory Board

All I have to say is....

BOOK IT!!!!!

That was the BEST vacation I've ever experienced!!  I had SOOOO much fun!! The staff was great, the food was fantastic, the drinks were STRONG, we could smoke wherever we wanted, and the music was SICK!!!

BOOK IT!!!!

Archived