Fox Riverside

Racetracker

3-30-88 Meadowlands Arena, East Rutherford, NJ

1.  Bertha>GSET>Hey Pocky Way, West LA Fadeaway, Queen Jane, Big RxR Blues, Cassidy>Don't Ease

2.  Shakedown>L. L. Rain, UJB>Playin'>UJB>D/S>Wheel>Gimme Some Lovin'>Morning Dew>Lovelight

E: Black Muddy River

Filler: Lonesome and a Long Way From Home  (with Lisa)

• Forum MVP

That second set is an f'n barnburner. Did the stadium tour summer of 88 and I remember Jerry looking better and spunkier (post coma) and just playin' his ass off. Not sure how long Jer stayed clean after the coma, but seemed the recovery hiatus did him some good. IMHO it took a while for his voice to come back, but his playing made up for it. Space>>Wheel one of my favorite transitions ever. Always makes me feel high sitting on the beach at 6am watching the sun rise. Bet DSO wore this bad ass set out!!!

• Forum MVP

Cassidy in the first set was rippin'. Second set was one highlight reel. Shadedown featured a super long funky jam that wound round up and down, all around. LLR was fast paced an absolutely scorching....not a song I usually think of in the second set slot but this one seemed to fit perfectly. Uncle john's was good, the jam hinting at playin in the band and it did triumphantly go there- and what a playin jam it was! I too love the wheel out of space, one o the songs that is well melted-into. Gimme some love got me excited for the prospect of a dew, and my intuition regarding it was correct. I find that Jeff and the boys always deliver on Dew, and this one was no exception. It was a real 'Dewzie' yuck yuck yuck....a heartfelt black muddy river was followed by Lisa's gracin of the stage an awesome lonesome and a long way from home filler. Another strong show, venue not my favorite. On to the canyon club tonight...got some semi-decent sleep last night, ready for a big show tonight.

Who was John? He was a writer....lets write it down

• Forum MVP

Original show was high energy, if a bit uneven.  Vocals on the Dew were absolutely mind boggling, sung with as much emotion as Garcia could muster.  In particluar, the delivery in the final verse of "walk in out, in the mooooorrrrnnning dew" was intense beyond comprehension.  Soul baring stuff.

Archived