Penn's Peak ~ Multiple Night Run?

PennsylvaniaT-roll

So with the annual pre-thanksgiving Penn's Peak show coming up, I've been thinking a lot about how great of a venue Penn's Peak is and how much fun I have every time Dark Star plays there! So I'm proposing that Dark Star do a multiple night run there, preferably in the Spring when the whether is a little bit more favorable. Lets take a look at some factors that support my proposition:

1) Penn's Peak is an absolutely amazing venue, both visually and acoustically. (I mean it...the acoustics are out-of-control and the venue looks like a log cabin at the top of a mountain! It even has a balcony you can go out on where all you can see for miles are the beautiful rolling hills/mountains of PA!)

2) Security at Penn's Peak is fairly laid back and the parking lot lends itself nicely to a great Shakedown Street!

3) The last couple shows Dark Star has played there have sold out! (Perhaps even the last 4, 5, or 6 shows...I'm not certain of the exact number) So selling tickets is certainly not an issue at the Peak.

4) The town of Jim Thorpe, PA is absolutely beautiful and actually looks like it could be a town in Switzerland or something. It doesn't have the stressful big city vibe at all!  It has really great hiking and outdoor activities, as well as lots of cool touristy things to do (Great restaurants, shopping, train rides, etc.). Perfect location for a multiple night fiasco!

5) Relatedly, because I understand that life on the road can be quite stressful at times, performing 2 nights in a row at Penn's Peak can give the band and crew some nice time to settle into the town of Jim Thorpe and just relax for a couple days in the beautiful Pocono Mountains! 

So what do you doods think? If you are in favor of my proposal, show your support!! Who knows...maybe if we get enough people talking about this some of the band members/management may take notice and put this plan into action:) 

Everyone have a grate weekend!

I throw my support your way PennT-roll!!

Had my first DSO Peak experience last year, and I concur w/ all of your points. Love the venue and the town. Your proposal would make it easy to do the bike ride down the rail line. Some time in May when all the hillside rhododendrons are in bloom would be just exactly perfect <_< .

Now to get through the work day and get ready for Lupos tonight!! 

Welcome to the forum PennT-roll!! :cheers:

:dsorocks:

I totally agree and support this idea! Penns Peak is one of my favorite indoor venues for all the above mentioned reasons. The aucustics, the scenery, the lot, etc. Never any issues. Dosn't hurt that it is only a short hour or less drive from my hometown too. The town is very accomidating to deadheads and I think it would be a loively spot to start playing more than one night. The band loves it too. They always pull something special out when they play there. The first time I ever saw DSO was at Penn's Peak and I remember they played such a long show and it was just so amazing. First ever Ratdog show was at the Peak as well. Yet another reason this venue holds such a special place in my heart. Come on DSO you know you would love a 2 night + run at Penn's Peak lets be real...now just make it happen ;)

Archived