Second penn's peak

• Forum MVP

Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (11/1/79)

Jack Straw
They Love Each Other
Mama Tried
Mexicali Blues
Peggy-O
New Minglewood Blues
Candyman
Looks Like Rain
Don't Ease Me In
Easy to Love You
Promised Land

Scarlet Begonias
Fire on the Mountain
Samson and Delilah
Terrapin Station
Playin' in the Band
drums
Black Peter
Good Lovin'

U.S. Blues

Cest la vie

What an amazing time. First I will say we always feel lucky to make it to the show, given this past year. So we get this rental in Philly with no AC , what evs , and drive it to Jim Thorpe and on to Penn's Peak. It smokes as we enter the lot and dies!!!! White smoke may = cracked engine block. Oh well. we went in to the show and dealt with it the next day after catching a fortuitous ride with a fellow concert goer. Thank you friendly Prius guy!!! I felt so lucky. That was back on night one.

What a lovely place is Jim Thorpe. So hospitable and quaint. I recommend the train ride up the LeHigh River and cocktails on Harry Packer's porch aka the Disney Haunted house inspiration and hiking the Glen Onoko waterfall to the top. Oh and Molly Maguire's onions sautéed I. Guinness. They know how to make Maker's and water at the Peak.!!

Solid delightful first set. Grooving out of the gate. I was was also psyched for the Easy to Love you. The piano was drippingly beautiful.

Fire was amazing !!! Great dance space near
soundboards. Fire in the Mountain had my heart and carried me away . I know I completed defragmenting then. Just in time too. It was like I earned it. I wore my Terrapin shirt hoping: a lady with a parasol. My time to jete the night away ....Just gotta love it when a plan comes together. Really had I been 4'7" I would have been in the ABT or died trying.

Great funky drums, big drums. Oh man Black Peter.... Everyday led up to this day. Shine through my window and great to see all the lovely friends we made surrounding us. Jeff's vocals were very nice. I think he could have easily brought down the house vocally but went for his axe instead. It did leave me wanting to find that Black Peter where Jerry stretches and sings her everlasting heart out.

Cest la Vie is in my top five favorite encores ..... Tilt-taayy is right !

• Forum MVP

tuned in to the live stream at the start of Scarlet..unaware of any of the first set content..trying to pin the show date based on a pre-april82 - postDonna stage set-up could not be decided until the Black Peter as 11.1.79 Nassau, 12.3.79 Chicago, 10.24.79 Springfield, 5.8.79 PennState, all second set's are Scarlet> Fire, Samson, Terrapin> Playin'> Drumz ..found that rather interesting..

the transition jam into Fire was awesome with some funky tones from Barraco, then the Fire exploded through the rafters 

they definitely did their homework on this one because the original Nassau Scarlet> Fire here easily falls in top5 all time..almost 40mins i believe)

Archived