Donna and Fare Thee Well shows

neutrino

I'm just curious if anyone else shares my view that it was a complete snub to not have had Donna make a guest appearance at these shows?  I've seen her with DSO a number of times, and it was really nice.  By no means saying she should have been a regular at these shows, but this was a 50 year celebration of the band, which she was a part of for nearly a decade.  Would  have been a nice touch as far as I'm concerned.  Maybe there is a simple explanation why she couldn't do it, but it seemed a bit of an insult.

• Forum MVP

Agree. And will add Tom Constanten to that list as he is still playing, living in my area and could probably use the pub. After all he was inducted into the Rock and roll hall of fame as a member of the grateful dead. Put him and Chementi on keys and thank Hornsby for the memories.

Good point about T.C.  Would have nice to have him come out for perhaps one or two Anthem of the Sun songs in Chicago.  Donna could have at least done some vocals on Passenger.  Would have been a real nice touch and shown some respect to these people and the history of the band.  As pointed out by someone in another thread, there was also no Brent song.

I suppose Hell in a Bucket might count as the Brent song.  He is credited with writing it along with Weir and Barlow.  I will take you home sung by Bruce would have been very cool as far as I'm concerned.  Part of this is to honor history.  After all, "What's Become fo the Baby" isn't exactly the greatest GD song, but they DID do it!!

I'm just curious if anyone else shares my view that it was a complete snub to not have had Donna make a guest appearance at these shows?  I've seen her with DSO a number of times, and it was really nice.  By no means saying she should have been a regular at these shows, but this was a 50 year celebration of the band, which she was a part of for nearly a decade.  Would  have been a nice touch as far as I'm concerned.  Maybe there is a simple explanation why she couldn't do it, but it seemed a bit of an insult.

Absolutely, and one of the things I like best about DSO is that they have Lisa. IMO Dead music is perfect with some female harmonies and adds to the the feeling, emotion, and dimension of their music. Plus, I just like females in general.

Archived