Days Between #2

Tea

• Forum MVP

Cleveland Music Hall

Set 1: Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleloo > Franklin's Tower ; Mama Tried > Mexicali Blues ; It Must Have Been The Roses ; Looks Like Rain ; Stagger Lee ; Passenger ; Peggy-O ; Lazy Lightnin' > Supplication 

Set 2: jam > drums > jam > Jack-a-Roe ; Playing In The Band > Shakedown Street > If I Had The World To Give > Playing In The Band > Around And Around 

Filler: Box Of Rain > Werewolves Of London

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

I remember being bemused by how wild that 2nd set was when I first heard the tape in the mid 80s.  An eternal question when reviewing such a performance is what gives?  What motivated that set to transpire?  Beyond the odd structure, the only '78 Jack-A-Roe, and the final of just 3 World To Gives.

• Like (+1) 1
16 hours ago, John A said:

I remember being bemused by how wild that 2nd set was when I first heard the tape in the mid 80s.  An eternal question when reviewing such a performance is what gives?  What motivated that set to transpire?  Beyond the odd structure, the only '78 Jack-A-Roe, and the final of just 3 World To Gives.

I guess they were still sorta sorting out the drums/space thing in 78, and they stuck it at the front end of the set to see how well it worked