22/04/02 Palace Theater

BillK522

• Forum MVP

22/04/02  Palace Theater,  Albany, NY

Original Recipe

Set One

Hell In A Bucket, Let It Rock, Masterpiece, Loser

Cumberland Blues, I'll Take A Melody, Deal, 

Masters of War, Box of Rain, One More Saturday Nite.

Set Two

Here Comes Sunshine>Greatest Story, Revolution, 

Feel Like A Stranger>Drums>Space>Corinna>

Help on the Way>Throwin' Stones>Days Between>

Slipknot>Franklin's Tower.

E:  Brokedown Palace.

Well constructed elective sweeps up all in a journey of happiness and joy in the shadow of the NYE celebration

on Friday.  After struggling to find center at times during the first set, deep family love permeates the upper reaches of the balcony to deliver what we all hope to get out of a day on tour with DSO. 

Bucket a raucous flag drop to the proceedings, JGB selections a treat, the Melody especially fulfilling.  The Cumberland  its typical hoedown self.  Lisa strong on the Masters, a commentary on world events that continued throughout the show.  Saturday Nite a fine first set close.

Sunshine a lovely choice, Skip especially strong.  Old school Story with Lisa on vocals toward the end.  Interesting placement on Revolution and Stranger--both worked well, the Stranger a sweat breaker heading into Drums, which were exceptional. Rob taking a solo for the last 5 minutes or so on the beam.  Obviously Rob loves the Corinna, another different slot that was productive.  Closing sandwich dreamy, the Days hypnotizing.  The Franklin's a smile factory and boogie fest. Called the Brokedown at Cafe Madison during breakfast. I spent the evening with the best friends one could hope

to dance with, I love each and everyone of you.  Thanks Band and Crew, enjoy a few days off and safe travels to Skull and Roses.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Lisa’s presentation of “Masters of War” was the highlight of this show. Bill said “strong” but Lisa sang with more power and emotion than even the brave Ukraines.  I hope it was recorded for future display. Several other songs weaved this theme into last nights music. …something this world deserves.

High in the balcony is certainly the place to be in The Palace. The sound is excellent, the view of the stage is good, dancing room along the open aile was full with friends, and being with those friends was the best part of the night.  Since my body’s health can’t keep up with my mind I was mostly dancing in my seat with several beautiful ladies before me. 

Early in the evening I had run into a few friends and asked them to watch out for me since I had had a few beers before the show and was given a few little chunks of good candy. I was feeling good, better than I have since the last Jubliee.  Thank you, both Sammy and Jordon, for making sure I was ok through out this wonderful night. I hope to see you guys again soon.

Peace and Love

Doc

• Like (+1) 8