Not Fade Away

Encore: U.S. Blues

Filler: White Rabbit

Stu Allen on Lead. 

Edited by Dharmada
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

That was my only cal expo run and we all had to take our turn either running the deck or being FOB mic stand with the horn hat. 6 sets divided up amongst our crew (12 shifts). Really nice to see DSO taking it on. I'm sure the delivery was exceptional. It's nice when the play shows that are in the state they originally happened at. Certainly fills those that were there with joy. Took them 23 years to serve up Riverbend 85, we'll worth the wait. 

• Like (+1) 2

Stu was a great fill-in. They mentioned changing their name to Dark Stu Orchestra. Sat Nite opener was a surprise … wondered where we’d go from there. One of those Tolstoy-esque Dylan tunes, Memphis Blues was great and seemed to go on forever. Let it Grow was perfect to hear on the Hog Farm. 

Pocky Way was real tight and Playin got real loose. On a clear, starry night with the moon and shooting stars in full view, they tore into Terrapin and Standing on the Moon. The crowd kept up the NFA a capella for a full two minutes. 

It was a great night until one speedy camper decided to roust the entire camp and scream “wake the f up” at a quarter to six in the morning. Feisty discussions ensued with many a stfu’s. Hopefully people got their rest for tonight. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

We were at the hotel. It all starts with the wagon. Glad I didn't hear wake the fuck up yells. Dude woke my kid I may have responded poorly I knocked the dude the fuck out. And nobody wants that.

have to remember there was a day of camp inappropriate and I may have been the dude yelling wake up and rage.

I need adult supervision. Still miss you herdy.

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1