Chicago

Dead duck

• Forum MVP

Set One: 
Feel Like A Stranger ; They Love Each Other > C. C. Rider ; Cumberland Blues ; Mama Tried > Mexicali Blues ; Althea ; Cassidy ; Loser ; Music Never Stopped 

Set Two: 
Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain ; Playing In The Band > Terrapin Station > Drumz > Space > Not Fade Away > Black Peter > Around And Around > Johnny B. Goode 

Encore: 
U. S. Blues 

F. Love the one you’re with

Musically the show was great. Good crowd energy too. Unfortunately I haven’t been that miserable in a venue maybe ever. Took forever to get in, No re-entry, no space anywhere, no smoking deck, set break was a panicked mess, had me feeling super claustrophobic, everyone was trying to get somewhere not knowing there was nowhere to for anyone go. Medical emergency cut “Playin” short to wait for ambulance evacuation (updated the gentleman was ok) 
Looking forward to getting outa town and back to familiar territory 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

The Vic is the worst. They have updated their PA though. Used to be a bunch of old $500 horn PA’s stacked to the ceiling. I know Cotter hated that setup and if you weren’t FOB, the sound was trash. The sound was better last time I was there with the new PA though. The Vic in 2011 was my 1st show. We tried to get down to the pit that show but was impossible so went upstairs to the bleachers. Never missed a Vic show after that until this year. I still remember the smell of stale beer and cigarette smoke as employees and patrons smoked in the downstairs bathroom and of course the basement bathroom floor was a pool of urine. I’d rather be stuck in seats at a theater than there. We always got in line early for the shows to get on the rail of the 1st elevated tier. Didn’t have much room to dance but got a good view and sound.