2023-08-04 @ Bears Picnic Blaine PA

Tea

• Forum MVP

Original Recipe

Set 1: Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleloo > Greatest Story Ever Told ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Black Throated Wind ; Ramble On Rose ; The Race Is On ; Hey Pocky Way ; Weather Report Suite Prelude > Weather Report Suite Part 1 > Let It Grow > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad 

Set 2: The Music Never Stopped ; Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues ; Estimated Prophet > Terrapin Station > drums > space > The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys > I Need A Miracle > She Belongs To Me > Sugar Magnolia 

Encore: Touch Of Grey 

Tom Circosta sits in for Rob Eaton (out on medical leave)

• Like (+1) 1

Great show in the rolling hills of Pennsylvania.  I'm not gonna lie, when I saw the band tuning up and didn't see Rob E. out there panic started to set in.  Wasn't sure what was going on.  But Tom C. more than held his own.  I was thoroughly impressed by the relief guitarist out of the bullpen.  The band was spot on once again.  High energy on Hey Pockey Way.  Skip belted out Tom Thumbs, Terrapin was cooking with gas.  My first Low spark which fit the night perfectly.  It was probably like 20mins long and could have lasted 40.  Bugs tried to carry the band away in the first set but they fought through, along with some roof drippage issues from the earlier storm.  Touch was a nice ender.  Can't thank the band enough for bringing it 100% every time they step out on the stage.  The passion, dedication to their craft is unmatched.  Even professional athletes that get paid hundreds of millions of dollars take nights off and just go through the motions.  I've never seen DSO not leave everything they have on the stage every night.  It's gotta be hard with personal stuff, ailments, travel to just bring it everyday but they do.  A rare breed indeed.

Praise DSO

dso12.png

Dark Star Orchestra 8-4-23 Weather Report - YouTube

Edited by Billy DeLyon
  • Like (+1) 1

REALLY liked Tom's playing at this show. Rob B sang Low Spark incredibly, and the whole band NAILED that one. Highlight of the show for me, and probably the weekend. I don't think Rob K liked getting dripped on at first, but he seemed to make the most of it by splashing to the beat while grinning ear to ear. And the Drumz this night was AWESOME.