2023/12/30 @ The Capitol Theatre, Portchester, NY

Tea

• Forum MVP

1976/06/17 @ The Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ

Cold Rain and Snow, Big River, They Love Each Other, Cassidy, Tennessee Jed, Looks Like Rain, Row Jimmy, Music Never Stopped, Scarlet Begonias > Promised Land

Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower, Dancin' in the Streets > Samson and Delilah, Lazy Lightnin' > Supplication, Friend of the Devil, Let it Grow > drums > Let it Grow > Wharf Rat > Around and Around <no original encore>

F: Box of Rain

that 2nd set is both a dancers paradise and a dancers lament - at the same time.  Only Wharf Rat could’ve saved you - maybe FOTD too but debatable if it woulda helped.  That Dancin > Samson seems especially cruel

• Like (+1) 1

A step below the 2 previous nights. Those slow tunes in the second set killed all momentum even though FOTD was very good. 

Best first set performances were Cold Rain, Jed, TMNS, Scarlet & Row Jimmy 

Let it Grow WAY off what they played at Penn’s Peak. Should be a first set song. The re-entry of the short drums was clunky. Skip’s bass was bombing much stronger on Friday night. Plus I was first row Loge left and usually the sound really kicks from that spot. Was 8th & 4th row floor in Red Bank. Tonight first row Loge right for NYE. Hoping they do the third set primal. We deserve a Dark Star like last year or better yet an Alligator>Caution plus how about a Mason’s Children?? THE MOST undervalued song in the whole canon. 

H>S>F was good but again with the Travis Bean it did not compare with what they played at Penn’s Peak. Dancin’ was kinda good but me hates S&D. Wharf Rat was good and emotional as always as was A&A but I was finished by then. 

Then again I’m very spoiled as this was my 13th or 14th DSO show post pandemic 

Edited by Steve Reynolds
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Rbarracoph said:

Capital Theater Passaic NJ

Thanks, Rob.  Missed it by that much ❤️ Cheers to band and crew for a great 2023 and hopeful for an amazing 2024!  

The lucky ducks going 2Nite:  Have an amazing time!  I hope DSO goes all medieval on your bleeps .  I’ll too second a wish for a nasty primal set