The Stoned Pony

Mango

• Forum MVP

couldn't ask for a better venue or better weather.

05-21-92 Cal Expo Amphitheatre, Sacramento, Ca. (Thu)

1: Touch, Wang Dang Doodle, Row Jimmy, Me & My Uncle> Maggie's Farm, Bird Song

2: Scarlet> Fire, Estimated> He's Gone> Drumz> Watchtower> SOTM> Lovelight E: Gloria

filler- SO many roads

my first time seeing a 90s era show. tonight was a special night, and in stark contrast to the Bottle & Cork show there were few talkers and many dancers. there was rejoicing all around

first set was short but sweet, with one of the best bird songs i've ever heard. the second set was great all the way through with a particularly enjoyable 'drums/space' segment.

it was a pleasure to share the dance floor with all who were there.

goodnight.

• Forum MVP

The jam out of He's Gone was magical.I guess due to time constraints Rob had to pick a 90's show.He sure picked a winner.

Herdy... do you still hate Joisey?I thought the scene, and the vibe at The Pony was pretty laid back for a East Coast show.I saw alot of respect being paid.Ah fuck it.... New Jersey will always have a bad rep,Its kind of like licorice either you like it, or you don't.

Herdy this is for you my brother.I'll leave you with our state motto.

WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY.......NOW GO THE FUCK HOME!

Love To All,

Greg

• Advisory Board
The jam out of He's Gone was magical.I guess due to time constraints Rob had to pick a 90's show.He sure picked a winner.

Herdy... do you still hate Joisey?I thought the scene, and the vibe at The Pony was pretty laid back for a East Coast show.I saw alot of respect being paid.Ah fuck it.... New Jersey will always have a bad rep,Its kind of like licorice either you like it, or you don't.

Love To All,

Greg

greg,

apparently somehow i missed you in asbury... how is tara?

• Advisory Board

Love To All,

Greg

Yup... still hate Jersey!! Now granted Asbury Park was in alot better shape then it was last year, the beaches were very clean, and the water was fantastic... now getting there from the Fuckin' Turnpike was a different story... I just love sitting on the Turnpike for 20 minutes and moving up 2 car legnths....

The Stone Pony show was FANTASTIC!! I'm not a fan of the 90's shows, but damn that setlist was great!! The origonal show was a complete stinker, DSO really put some love into that sucker... Got my Standing on the Moon, and had a blast at my first OUTDOORS Pony show!

Yet again.... SOOOOO glad to get the hell out of Jersey....

Guest grateful22

Hey all!!!

I have been sick & have missed the past couple of shows. Returning to the pony was one of the best feelings of love that I have ever felt for us heads & the band. We are truly a unique group that no other band following can ever come close too. ("strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand). The band was unbelievalbe as usual (I agree with everyone on the He's Gone jam) & I especially loved Scarlet & Fire. Being outside with the slight wind & sunset made it even more special.

And to all the kind folks that I met up front, thanks for putting up with my dancing (about 3 people back from the stage). I was the one with the dancing bear tatoo on my arm.

AND HEY - REGARDING ALL THE COMMENTS ON PREVIOUS POSTS - WHATS THE MATTER WITH JERSEY? I know that there are more beautiful venue sights in the US but perhaps you havent been to our nicer areas nor do you know how to get around here. We can show you! Has anyone involved with the band considered a show at Liberty State Park in Jersey City? Right on the water overlooking Manhatten, statue of liberty etc. & easy to get too. The view is priceless. The park itself is nice too. They had one of the first furthur festivals there & it was great.

See ya at the next show! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"they're a band beyond description.................."

• Advisory Board
AND HEY - REGARDING ALL THE COMMENTS ON PREVIOUS POSTS - WHATS THE MATTER WITH JERSEY?

Oh where, Oh where to begin?!?!?!?!?! :) :) :)

I love this line from George Carlin... "Kiss her where it smells, take her to New Jersey!"

LSP is a great idea. Maybe a summer festival? I've talked up the possibilty of a show at Loew's Theater in Jersey City, down the block from the Stanley Theater, where the Dead played in September '72. The Stanley Theater is presently owned by the Jehovah Witnesses, and would not lease the theater for a DSO show.

Hey all!!!

I have been sick & have missed the past couple of shows. Returning to the pony was one of the best feelings of love that I have ever felt for us heads & the band. We are truly a unique group that no other band following can ever come close too. ("strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand). The band was unbelievalbe as usual (I agree with everyone on the He's Gone jam) & I especially loved Scarlet & Fire. Being outside with the slight wind & sunset made it even more special.

And to all the kind folks that I met up front, thanks for putting up with my dancing (about 3 people back from the stage). I was the one with the dancing bear tatoo on my arm.

AND HEY - REGARDING ALL THE COMMENTS ON PREVIOUS POSTS - WHATS THE MATTER WITH JERSEY? I know that there are more beautiful venue sights in the US but perhaps you havent been to our nicer areas nor do you know how to get around here. We can show you! Has anyone involved with the band considered a show at Liberty State Park in Jersey City? Right on the water overlooking Manhatten, statue of liberty etc. & easy to get too. The view is priceless. The park itself is nice too. They had one of the first furthur festivals there & it was great.

See ya at the next show! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"they're a band beyond description.................."

Archived