Wiggles, Uniondale Ny 8.16.08

vbf3

Was lucky enough to score some last minute tickets for myself and the family for this show. Opening was a bit disapointing only in that the Big Red car was broken and the vocals were off due to the Anthonys having to push the car accross the stage. Setlist was standard. Great to see all the favorites played, but must admit I Sam is no replacement for Greg. That said the kids had a great time and I even got out my air guitar for several songs. In the absence of DSO shows I wold reccomend a Wiggles show to anyone with a family that can go and has the time. Would be a great double billing for a DSO/Wiggles festival. Imagine Murray jamming his guitar on Passenger or for that matter Lisa singing back on Big Red Car!!! ;)

• Forum MVP

Gotta admit I'm beating myself up for missing this one! So near yet so far from the end of this last DSO tour! Live music is definitely where it is at, ever since the first bear bone was carved into the first flute. Fast forward 50,000 years and viola! The Ozzies are taking the musical world by storm! Teach your children well - one day we just may hear Monkey Dance>Estimated>Eyes>Drumz Space>Rock A Bye Your Bear! :lol:

10.jpg

Anyone with kids know - the Wiggles Rock! I myself, without kids did not attend but some close friends caught the Sunday late show. They said there was dancing in the isles. From reports, they fixed the Red Car and it was a rippin' opening. It must have been strange to be in that hallowed arena where a few lost notes of the '79 Dark Star, St Stephen are still clanging around the rafters and watching the next generation get into it. What are you going to do when your kids come to you at 16 and say..."mom, dad, me and some friends are going to drive to Wisconson to see this band - be back in a week".

Its just around the corner.

I wasn't going to get involved with this, but .....

I had a major crush on the "blue guy" in the Wiggles when Scarlet was younger, and we were both GLUED to this show!!!

Sadly, never got to see them live. :(

We did have close encounters with the Bear in the Big Blue House and Dora however!!!!! :rolleyes: Gotta love that bear!!!

Love,

Kira

To all of you teachers out there that are starting off a new year, best wishes and go get em!!!! :headbang:

I go back tomorrow. :wacko:

To all of you teachers out there that are starting off a new year, best wishes and go get em!!!! :headbang:

I go back tomorrow. :wacko:

so soon????? yikes. early start hopefully means early end!

Best wishes Kira (and all the other teachers out there getting ready to go back)!!!! Miss you!!!!!!!!!!

xoxo,

Lisa

I actually asked my youngest if she wanted to go when they came through Seattle. The response I received:

Big sigh, followed by: "Daddy, the Wiggles are for little kids. I'm a BIG girl now. I'm 5!"

I guess she told me.

should of tried the Jonas Brothers

• Forum MVP
Was lucky enough to score some last minute tickets for myself and the family for this show. Opening was a bit disapointing only in that the Big Red car was broken and the vocals were off due to the Anthonys having to push the car accross the stage. Setlist was standard. Great to see all the favorites played, but must admit I Sam is no replacement for Greg. That said the kids had a great time and I even got out my air guitar for several songs. In the absence of DSO shows I wold reccomend a Wiggles show to anyone with a family that can go and has the time. Would be a great double billing for a DSO/Wiggles festival. Imagine Murray jamming his guitar on Passenger or for that matter Lisa singing back on Big Red Car!!! ;)

Any tapers?

Archived