Northampton, Ma

franknkeene

I absolutely adored tonight's show!! The crowd's energy was fantastic - I love Northampton people and vibe!!! Dancing all through-out the theatre. 95% of the entire crowd was on their feet dancing the entire show. All I saw were smilies, smiles, smiles everywhere on peoples faces. The band was HOT!

July 12 1990 RFK

Let the Good Times Roll

Feel Like a Stranger

Bertha

Just a Little Light

Queen Jane Approximately

Stagger Lee

Cassidy

Tennessee Jed

Music Never Stopped

Box of Rain

Victim or the Crime

Foolish Heart

Dark Star

(long Jam)

drums (the crowd clapping to drums)

space

All Along the Watchtower

Dear Mr. Fantasy

Hey Jude Reprise (everyone in the theatre was singing)

Touch of Grey (everyone in the theatre was singing)

The Weight (everyone in the theatre was singing)

FILLER: Greatest Story ever Told (with Lisa)

Sound was prestine.

Good night, sweet dreams, :dsorocks:

That was one STELLAR, OFF-THE-HOOK show!!! I LOVED IT!!! It sent me for an awesome loop and i am set free. We're extending our trip to go furthur~~~~~~~~~i absolutely loved the venue, the crowd, every note and drum beat from start to finish....it all felt like it was written in my soul from me to you; from you to me. i got in the groove from the get-go. Stranger was so hot, it was real strong, totally grounding. There was a snippit of Funiculi Funicula tuning before Bertha(G.D. did it in the show here too), which was beautiful. Rob, you gave us Little Light in a big way...God knows how much i love it when you sing that. Queen Jane rang sweet and i ate up John's jams. Rob's notes from his keys were spiraling around the theatre. Stagger Lee was rockin' and Kevin's bass was sockin' it to me throughout the show. Cassidy was uplifting and made my heart so light. Tenn. Jed was lotsa fun, and the Music Never Stopped was rippin'--no descriptive words can do any justice to convey the magic and power in which this, or any other song for that matter, was played. That i can say was one phenomenal show and mean it. The 2nd set can speak for itself, let the words be yours, i am done with mine...almost. Always welcoming a Box of Rain, it's message is real deep for me. i believe it and i need it. Before they went into Victim, John struck sum minor chords that made me confidently yell out, "Victim!" & it was super good, dark, twisted, and thick as it should be. Before the show i was feeling we'd be stoked to hear a Foolish Heart & was i ever!!! It was the best Dark Star my ears have EVER heard DSO do.period. Highly pleased(yep, that's an understatement)Drumz were powerful and there were times it sounded as though we were being beamed up or light beings were being beamed down~definately extraterrestrial-like. It was something! That Watchtower rocked the house, was it ever raw and jammin', just utterly sick. Dancing feels like making love, it's soooooo fuckin' fulfilling. Mr. Fantasy>Hey Jude came through like a dream. Yeah, i admit it-i sang my heart out....na na na nananana nananana HEY JUDE!! Touch topped it off with high energy and full-tilt dancing. The Weight was grrrreat & always gives me sincere gratitude. The joy in my heart cannot be contained. Cause to pause & praise my best friend. Greatest Story ever told was my high time, felt like i was 6'10. That song is one of my MANY favorites. 1 in 10,000. Thought it was neat that there were two songs that referenced a full moon, considering. Excited as heaven for the next Eleven, not expecting it just hoping i hear another before heading home. It truly was SPECTACULAR. The 11/11 show was radically RIGHT-ON! Loved it so much! Love to DSO and the whole fam damily!!!

Stonedfeather, you are so right on!!!

Northampton!

Northampton!

Northampton!

I am not one of those fans who have gone to 100s of shows. But, I have been to some wonderful and a little bit extra special shows: Governer's Island, Ithaca 30 years, 11 year anninv, Hampton Beach, Cape Code in the round....Princeton, Red Bank, Johnson VT College......

On two occasions I had DSO play "in my living room" here in Keene, New Hampsha'. But last nights show was altogether something else!

Stonefeather mentioned the best Dark Star ever.

How on earth can that be possible?

I'll tell you: it was of course the energy of the beautiful crowd (my people) and in this sequence:

Foolish Heart -> Foolish Heart Jam -> Dark Star -> Dark Star Jam -> Drums . A time that transported me to some heavenly abode complete with celestial musicians and heavenly nymphs :cheers:

Hypothetic question: How many Dead shows has Dan Healy been to????

Well, I was dancing in the center aisle about 1/2 way up for the second set and when I looked back at Dan, HE WAS DANCING as if he just discovered Grateful Dead music a-new.

People of Northampton, MA: You are a special people and your town is my favorite town of the U.S. of A. Love your Zen restaurant on lower Main Street!!!!

3rd show of the run....and it is the sweetest of charms. The best dancing so far. LOVED the venue. Dance Floor!!!!!!!!! I agree with the best DSO dark star Ive heard yet. I feel like this show finally blew the jet lag through the pipes and I'm ready for the rest of the run. The band blew me away last night. The crowd was awesome. No diss to the previous towns on the run, but weirdly enough there was a massive difference in the vibe....everybodys dancin' through the transitive nightfall of diamonds....ty

• Forum MVP

If you had asked me the day before this show if I thought it could top 11/11 I would have said no. Did it? I don't know, but it was damn good. Really damn good. and I can only echo what has already been said....longest and best dark star i've seen performed by anyone anywhere. hands down, not a shadow of doubt in my mind. h-o-l-y-s-h-i-t.

This morning, as I was dropping off my friend at the bus station, she mentioned how they play dark star a lot. She has only gone to four dso shows and three of them had dark stars. lucky ducky.

can't wait for more coming soon!

:dsorocks:

What a great night!

Hi all!

Thursday in NoHo was my first DSO show. Friends have been saying for a few years that I should go, but I've been reluctant because my Post-Jerry Dead related experiences had all been missing something and I'd pretty much given up.

Those few hours at the Calvin took me back "there," to a place I never thought I'd get to again. :)

Been busily downloading and burning, telling everyone who I think might be interested (some who were probably in kindergarten in '95, and some who were going to shows long before I was) to check out these guys, and looking forward to Bridgeport and Friday at the Nokia!

Seeya around!

Tim

Guest captain420

DSO recreated this show, one of my favorites, at one of my favorite dso shows...epic, scotty on keys..long ago.

I've been waiting for this one to pop up again...

Archived