drums>

space>

saint>

standing on the moon>

miracle>

touch

Encore:

Good Lovin

This show was freaking AMAZING!! another one for the books! beautiful huge historical venue (GA, but there were seats everywhere). the sound was absolutely stellar. best sound of the tour so far. i mean you were really able to connect with the music; we were one with the music and the dance. and speaking of the dancing... EPIC. i mean it was THE BEST possible scenario. (gary will post a pic later>>) we got there early and claimed the front row. after the show started security ropes off all access to the front row (yes, it was a velvet rope!). so we had the entire front row to ourselves with a personal security team that made sure no one infiltrated our "VIP section." the entire front row (stage left) was starheads. there were like 15 of us. (and matt and lisa were holding up stage right's front row). i cant really do it justice with words, but it was a sacred space. everyone had such high energy, everyone danced sooo hard, and had soooo much fun. we were all smiling like Cheshire cats the whole show. this venue raised the bar...

musically speaking.. SUPERB!! every song PEAKED very high.. everything song was note worthy.. stop that train and gimme some lovin opener were both real treats.. but i could say something about every song.. it was one of those nights

florida has been an absolutely amazing run... its been so great to hang out with the family.. special thanks to vince and sue, and kris and steve for putting us up in there homes (and guest homes) and taking such good care of us! and thanks to dso! i love you soooo! :grouphug:

Guest captain420

STOP THAT TRAIN

WOW!

I always say more jerry band, but holy smokes that stop that train was a great treat, thank you JOHN! Stella blue man, stella blue! Namaste

Gimme opener and STANDING ON THE MOON....that was great...but that stop that train man!

The velvet rope experience was crazy, I think we are all spoiled now...sound was good, but I was a little too close to the speaker during the first set, it was peaking out on someones instrument and killing my ears when the song climaxed, like during music at the end, sick...

Chuck, we missed you up front....

I didn't know Lisa was coming, it was nice to see her there...Ellen and Kelly made it safe, great to see the west coast folk represent...

One long party from front to end...thank you Vince, Sue, the whole damn Perrotti family, Steve and Kris for providing accommodations for all of us...the family is an integral part of this thing and to say the least, we are all blessed to be able to be part of something THIS special and THIS true...

Guest Charles from Oregon
cold rain>

bucket

peggy o

easy wind

ll rain

west la

memphis blues

stop that train>

music

gimme some lovin>

crazy fingers>

st. stephen>

11>

sailor>

drums>

space>

saint>

standing on the moon>

miracle>

touch

Encore:

Good Lovin

This show was freaking AMAZING!! another one for the books! beautiful huge historical venue (GA, but there were seats everywhere). the sound was absolutely stellar. best sound of the tour so far. i mean you were really able to connect with the music; we were one with the music and the dance. and speaking of the dancing... EPIC. i mean it was THE BEST possible scenario. (gary will post a pic later>>) we got there early and claimed the front row. after the show started security ropes off all access to the front row (yes, it was a velvet rope!). so we had the entire front row to ourselves with a personal security team that made sure no one infiltrated our "VIP section." the entire front row (stage left) was starheads. there were like 15 of us. (and matt and lisa were holding up stage right's front row). i cant really do it justice with words, but it was a sacred space. everyone had such high energy, everyone danced sooo hard, and had soooo much fun. we were all smiling like Cheshire cats the whole show. this venue raised the bar...

musically speaking.. SUPERB!! every song PEAKED very high.. everything song was note worthy.. stop that train and gimme some lovin opener were both real treats.. but i could say something about every song.. it was one of those nights

florida has been an absolutely amazing run... its been so great to hang out with the family.. special thanks to vince and sue, and kris and steve for putting us up in there homes (and guest homes) and taking such good care of us! and thanks to dso! i love you soooo! :grouphug:

you lucky dog,that looks like fun! This band is so great! Man I can't wait til they come west! Safe travels Jordan!! Tell Gary and Connie Hi!!

cold rain>

bucket

peggy o

easy wind

ll rain

west la

memphis blues

stop that train>

music

gimme some lovin>

crazy fingers>

st. stephen>

11>

sailor>

drums>

space>

saint>

standing on the moon>

miracle>

touch

Encore:

Good Lovin

Amazing Show! Excellent Lights! Grate Theater. Wonderful Time!!

Not the least bit surprised with the Cold Rain and Snow opener, especially with EVERYONE knowing that those of us up here got a fine rendition of FREEZING SLEET AND ICE! :rofl:

Love to all. Miss you so. Thanks for the call and text Jordan. I'll be waiting for the next installment!

And to those of us up here in Skate City, well, walk gingerly!!

Love,

Kira

My ears are STILL smiling from this JAX show! B)

They just keep getting better and better each and every time...

St. Stephen > William Tell > The Eleven was mindblowing...

The Music Never Stopped reached levels that I never thought possible...

and Stop That Train...well, I think Stop That Train has already been summed up perfectly here...WOW!

A pleasure as always, Chuck...we had ourselves quite a spot up there in the balcony!

The Florida Theater is a tour stop that should not be missed...gorgeous venue, cool staff, and the sound was absolutely stellar!

Thank you, Rob, John, Rob, Lisa, Kevin, Dino, Rob, and all of the DSO crew...another night of music that will never be forgot!

What a weekend!!

Absolutely fantastic show in JAX

the theater was BEAUTIFUL and huge

there was barely anyone there, 500 maybe?

but the florida heads who did make it there were really into it and the show was smoking hot

John was truly on fire!!!

many places to dance

most everyone was dancing

I felt like I was levitating at times

absolutely amazing to reach that "Lift Off" feeling when dancing

wonderful give and take energy between the stage and the floor

true symbiosis

every song a perfect fit

love that feeling

it was well worth the long plane ride

so much fun to see all the star heads

thanks so much Everyone for being there and sharing the magic yet again

the band and fans included

we are so blessed

-e

This was my favortie show of the run. I usually prefer the surprise an elective provides, plus the venue was simple amazing. The ceilings were carved wood painted in a mix of greens and browns, the chandeliers looked like Tiffany glass. The front row was so very special. Nothing to complain about there. Thick plush carpeting good on the feets, the night before left me hurting. There is not much to be said about dancin in the streets. Does not make these old bones feel very good. Gimmie Some Loving was exceptional and Standing on the Moon made me cry. Stop that Train deserves a huge mention another incredible song. Star heads were the happiest I have seen. Thank you everyone for making this happen.

Peace and Love Kris

No work for me this morning, so we re-assembled the kitchen staff from the Ledges (Chef Steve, Brian, & myself) and started up the omelet station. We had 13 sleeping over, so we had to work hard and fast. We all need nourishment for the body as well! The rain stopped, the sun came through, but there was still a "nip in the air". The Starhead Express loaded up and off to Jax we rode. The venue, as all who chimed in before, was stunning. The private front row was truly unbelievable. Were they really gonna rope off our section? They did! What a freakin show. Somebody please put this up, as they were many mics in the building. To me it was like seeing the Dead in Radio City, front row, minus the NYC lunatics! Take yer shoes off and just dance! After Easy Wind, Gary turned around and we both said at the same time "best EW ever played!" Stop That Train>Music Never Stopped set closer was epic. JK went wild, lights down, focused frenzy, on the peak of Music. 2nd set stands alone, period. Sue & I finally got our Eleven, as all you lucky Noreasters, had earlier. Wow! Off to a house in Ormand Beach, then on to Pompano!!!!

• Forum MVP

everyone nailed it that this show was supremely awesome!!! the first set was one of the hottest i've seen, easy wind always pure smoke, cold rain bucket was a cool opener, StopThatTrain was perfect! and then the second set pretty much speaks for itself, crazy>stephen>eleven!! wowww and the SOTM, the best one i've caught w/o a doubt.

Guest captain420

Priceless, is the only word I can succumb to...our own section!

Look at that lineup we had there, so many board members and friends..that pic is during the first part of the 2nd set, I had to move over away from that speaker that was peaking out and killing my ears...

Remember this Jordan? pre-show festivities!

_GBH7174.JPG

Still blows me away! Great shot..

_GBH7257.JPG

Guest crazy digits
Priceless, is the only word I can succumb to...our own section!

Look at that lineup we had there, so many board members and friends..that pic is during the first part of the 2nd set, I had to move over away from that speaker that was peaking out and killing my ears...

Remember this Jordan? pre-show festivities!

_GBH7174.JPG

Still blows me away! Great shot..

_GBH7257.JPG

spent almost 6 years in Jax.. miss it ...saw the allman bros with dickie betts in that theatre...sorry to have missed that run with you all.

• Forum MVP

You may have screwed the pooch twice by missing this one my friend....

That photo is stage left... I had the entire stage right area with only Mike Kussy and Lisa...

plus a no smoking venue and beer only in the lobby.... which was double nice...

and final Herdy the best part was it was a 7:30pm start time... those are my favorites.. why.... many hours of booze time left after the show !!!! ...... which I know you enjoy just as much as I ...

And finally... Bix and Herdy.. we need to do a show together... just like the good ol days... it has been to long my friends...

We screwed the pooch on this one, Bix....

Guest crazy digits
Yes we do my friend... been way to long... Miss ya buddy!

amen. going thru a regrouping Matt....it will happen again but patience must get in the way..

Finally got Jax done. Was my 100th show. Hope you enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Greyhead.gh/Fl...087083880537234

Should have the rest of the shows up soon. The sunset picture were taken from our patio at the Hotel. The Florida Theater what a grate place, one usher was a 60 yr old Deadhead. First time fro DSO and he's hooked. Us Starheads had our own place up front as you can see from the pics. No hassle from staff and really nice carpet to dance on. Small show but my opinion this was the best of the 4 show our caravan saw.

Archived