space

new potato

uncle johns

wheel

uncle johns reprise

lovelight (w/ lisapen)

E:

brokedown

I can imagine it was amazing ! any tapers hopefully seen hangin' out ?

Guest captain420

Stop That Train, I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did...

WRS stands for Weather Report Suite...so that includes Let It Grow...if no let it grow, then it is weather report prelude/part 1..

• Forum MVP

As one who was there, I can say that I enjoyed Stop That Train the second time around as much as the first time. It is a welcome addition to the repertoire. The Why Don't We Do It was a huge version, very down and dirty.

The place was packed, as expected on a Saturday night. Most of my boomer peers were seated, leaving the standing/dancing space (which is a valuable commodity there) to a host of youthful, enthusiastic drunk talkers. By host I mean "shitload" and by talkers I mean "loud and oblivious." But age and cunning often wins out over youth and stumbling...

Thanks to those of you who shared the good times - you know who you are. Those of you not there were missed - you know who you are too.

And imagine my surprise when I was advised on the way out that it was strange how the show wasn't announced, but it definitely was from '72...

And imagine my surprise when I was advised on the way out that it was strange how the show wasn't announced, but it definitely was from '72...

Did you just start listening to the dead ,Chuck? I personally love the 72 Alabama>Greatest,way better than the 80-81 versions IMO.

• Forum MVP

Matt, right you are - the killer Alabama>Greatest on Europe '72 is the definitive version. Hell, it even blows away the China>Rider. All I can saying is growing old is a bitch!

As Looky should know..Happy Birthday again, brother! You chose wisely for your getaway...

Guest Charles from Oregon
it was an amazing night...THANK YOU DSO!!!!

Looky you made it? You lucky son of a bitch!! How did you pull that off? Being a young parent and all.

• Forum MVP

Set One is neato~

even though back when I toured with the GD, lots of Heads didn't like the song Alabama, but I always did. ...Stop That Train rules too...

and to round out with:

Pride of Cucamonga

Roses

Passenger

Brown Eyed Women

Weather Report Suite

Set Two:

Uncle John's Band

The Wheel

Uncle John's Reprise...

...Nice all the way around. I have yet to hear DSO do Pride of Cucamonga live- hope I can someday, but until then - thanks to the tapers! Looking forward to seeing this one pop up for the rest of us to enjoy! Thank you DSO for what you do!

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Hey Hey yes indeedyweedy those 72 AlabamaGreatest were the best. But they're nothing compared to the 72 versions of Alligator>Do It In the Road. Of course the astute 72 fan knows that DSO goofed cuz back then Pigpen sang Cucamonga. :rolleyes::D

ATL saturdays are bad for drunks especially down on the floor which is why you might have seen me doing my bad chuck impression at the front of the balcony where the dancing space was plentiful and the people were much quieter than friday. I got pretty sweaty but I just can't get the same lather as Chuck. practice practice.

Happy Birthday Looky!! Nice to run into you and sorry so brief. Next time you see me :D we'll slow down for a beer.

Now about the show... did anybody else have that feeling that we'll be talking about how great this show was a year or two hence? I sure did. All through Sunday my buds and I kept shaking our heads in amazement and saying "Alligator>Do it in the Road..... wow."

Hey Mason were you in ATL? Sorry I missed ya bro.

Guest darbysdad
Hey Hey yes indeedyweedy those 72 AlabamaGreatest were the best. But they're nothing compared to the 72 versions of Alligator>Do It In the Road. Of course the astute 72 fan knows that DSO goofed cuz back then Pigpen sang Cucamonga. :rolleyes::D

ATL saturdays are bad for drunks especially down on the floor which is why you might have seen me doing my bad chuck impression at the front of the balcony where the dancing space was plentiful and the people were much quieter than friday. I got pretty sweaty but I just can't get the same lather as Chuck. practice practice.

Happy Birthday Looky!! Nice to run into you and sorry so brief. Next time you see me :D we'll slow down for a beer.

Now about the show... did anybody else have that feeling that we'll be talking about how great this show was a year or two hence? I sure did. All through Sunday my buds and I kept shaking our heads in amazement and saying "Alligator>Do it in the Road..... wow."

andDave Was truely Rocking The Balcony As We Were In The Last Row Of That Section Trying To Fly With The Absolute Best Lighting Show I Can Remember.The Balconey Does Have It's Merits.

That Alligator Ripped The Whole Top Off The Old Movie Theater For Sure And I Never Landed Back To Earth Until The Last Note Was Played.....Simply Awesome It Was I Tell You

Guest captain420

No, I wasn't there..I guess my comment about Stop That Train was misleading....I caught the one they busted out in Jax, and loved every second!!

Archived