Atlanta- Night 2

jfolks

Guest captain420

Just listened to the Stop That Train....it's good, but I think the bust out in Jax was better, seems John felt it more..would love to hear it again, and again...

Still scratching my head at this one from the text file..."Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Doing Right"

05. Weather Report Suite >

06. Let It Grow

Very cool Pride of Cucamonga,, swept right back into it..nice....Oaxaca vine.

Been lots of this new potato, alligator lately in the originals, are you primal dead fans satisfied yet?

• Forum MVP

Just listened to Alligator and had to change something on the set list hehehehehehehe.....

original setlist

I:

alabama

greatest

stop that train

next time you see me

me and my uncle>

big river

pride of cucamonga

roses

passenger

brown eyed women

WRS

II:

china

rider

dancin

alligator*

why dont we do it in the road

11 (no william tell)

drums

space

new potato

uncle johns

wheel

uncle johns reprise

lovelight (w/ lisapen)

E:

brokedown

*w/ Koritz, Eaton, Sco, Nick, & Looky on the KA-ZOO!!! Yes, I know it's Koritz you hear as he's right next to the mic, but Nicky and I tried to do our part from way over on the side. FUN FUN FUN!!!

• Forum MVP

this show is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!! listening at work.. hard to get anything done around here :lol: everything is solid, but good gawd, the dancin>alligator>why dont we do it in the road>11 combo is AMAZING!!!!!

bobbymcgee told me it has been the show of the tour so far (he's caught 'em all except one)

• Forum MVP
best. show. ever.

You know...I really enjoyed Saturday's show in Atlanta too. Friday's show had that all time favorite list of songs but I really thought Saturday night was more enjoyable...can't really tell why....Music was excellent...a good listening and watching spot upstairs in the balcony...perched on a comfortable stool that allowed me to sort of dance while still sitting down...with friends, DarbysDad, Deb, and Don on right and a nice lady on the left that had never been to a Dead show, she had fun too, and interesting thing was that the engineer from StarTrek, Miles O'Brien, was on her left. Miles was there enjoying a Holodeck program. They had come in just before DSO started and left just at encore. I think Miles said something about Captain Picard getting too demanding on their free time.

Peace,

Doc

• 1 year later...
  • Forum MVP

This show made me a Deadhead. I didn't even like the Grateful Dead at the time, but my friends "made" me go. We had to bribe security guards to get in because I had accidentally bought tickets to Friday, not Saturday, and when we found out my friend was devastated, but I knew we would get in, and we did. In my profile "about me" I describe more completely what happened on this night that changed my life, but I just wanted to put this comment up for posterity :) During this show I "got the Grateful Dead" by watching DSO, and since then the path I was put on that night has brought me to the most amazing music on earth, and all I can listen to now, over a year later, is the music of the Grateful Dead. It also brought me to the love of my life, my true karmic soul-mate, the Deviled Egg, who I met at DSO Asheville after this show, and though we didn't get together then, we MET, and later when he came back from DSO mid-west tour last summer, we fell in love and have been together ever since.

Every time I listen to this show, I am filled with an overwhelming feeling of love and amazement, and I get all tickly in my tummy remembering what that night meant to me.

There WERE a lot of drunks there that night (welcome to the Variety!), but a lot of us young ones were up there spun out of our faces and for a lot of the friends I went with it was their first DSO show, too, and I know I am not the only one whose life was permanently made brighter from the magic in that room that night.

If only I had known the words to sing along, then! Now I can't help but sing along when I listen to the show and it takes me back to that night when I met people who I didn't realize then I would be seeing at almost every DSO show I would go to.

DSO, and family, I really do love you more than words can tell!

Love purely,

Mrs Deviled Egg

Guest Lisacat

This show made me a Deadhead. I didn't even like the Grateful Dead at the time, but my friends "made" me go. We had to bribe security guards to get in because I had accidentally bought tickets to Friday, not Saturday, and when we found out my friend was devastated, but I knew we would get in, and we did. In my profile "about me" I describe more completely what happened on this night that changed my life, but I just wanted to put this comment up for posterity smile.gif During this show I "got the Grateful Dead" by watching DSO, and since then the path I was put on that night has brought me to the most amazing music on earth, and all I can listen to now, over a year later, is the music of the Grateful Dead. It also brought me to the love of my life, my true karmic soul-mate, the Deviled Egg, who I met at DSO Asheville after this show, and though we didn't get together then, we MET, and later when he came back from DSO mid-west tour last summer, we fell in love and have been together ever since.

Every time I listen to this show, I am filled with an overwhelming feeling of love and amazement, and I get all tickly in my tummy remembering what that night meant to me.

There WERE a lot of drunks there that night (welcome to the Variety!), but a lot of us young ones were up there spun out of our faces and for a lot of the friends I went with it was their first DSO show, too, and I know I am not the only one whose life was permanently made brighter from the magic in that room that night.

If only I had known the words to sing along, then! Now I can't help but sing along when I listen to the show and it takes me back to that night when I met people who I didn't realize then I would be seeing at almost every DSO show I would go to.

Love purely,

Mrs Deviled Egg

I love this post....this is what its all about.

• Forum MVP

That was a great weekeknd - DSO, Cornmeal, and more! And I have been blessed to share shows with you and the Mr. since then (Charlotte comes to mind). The path can sometimes be long and rough, but lights as bright as yours make it better. Namaste, and welcome!

• Forum MVP

This show made me a Deadhead. I didn't even like the Grateful Dead at the time, but my friends "made" me go. We had to bribe security guards to get in because I had accidentally bought tickets to Friday, not Saturday, and when we found out my friend was devastated, but I knew we would get in, and we did. In my profile "about me" I describe more completely what happened on this night that changed my life, but I just wanted to put this comment up for posterity :) During this show I "got the Grateful Dead" by watching DSO, and since then the path I was put on that night has brought me to the most amazing music on earth, and all I can listen to now, over a year later, is the music of the Grateful Dead. It also brought me to the love of my life, my true karmic soul-mate, the Deviled Egg, who I met at DSO Asheville after this show, and though we didn't get together then, we MET, and later when he came back from DSO mid-west tour last summer, we fell in love and have been together ever since.

Love purely,

Mrs Deviled Egg

I was also at this show. I do not believe I had met Jonathon yet, but we would meet soon thereafter. Great story.

Archived